- Happy New Year To Fight It Out With Three Other Films At Box Office
- Happy New Year Gets A Release Date
- Happy New Year Songs Get Good Responses
- WOW PICTURES: Here's How Aishwarya Rai, Kareena, Deepika, Katrina & Others Celebrated The New Year!
- All You Need To Know About Pannaga Bharana's Happy New Year
- Shahrukh Khan & Ranveer Singh To Romance Deepika Padukone In SLB's Next?
- 10 Lovely & Splendid Pics Of Deepika Padukone From Instagram
- Awesome! Shahrukh Khan Promises To Do 3 Movies A Year
- These Crazy 'Behind The Sets' Pics Of SRK & Others, From Happy New Year Is Worth Seeing!
- MUST READ! When Deepika Padukone Met Shahrukh Khan For The First Time!
- When Nawazuddin Siddiqui Met Shahrukh Khan For The First Time!
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan: Even After Career-Best Performance, Salman Fails To Beat Shahrukh And Aamir!
Farah Khan and Shahrukh Khan have paired up after a huge gap of 7 long years and so the anticipation of a little sneak-peek into the movie was high, the makers promoted the movie a tad too much which built up our expectation to such an extent that when the trailer did come out, we as audience found it drab and boring.
Trailer of the movie is extremely important because this is what decides our interest in the movie, if the trailer fails to impress then the movies fails to impress. There is no point if the movie is good as they lost the attention of the viewers. Hrithik Roshan's Bang Bang which pretty much had the shortest trailer managed to grab our attention and knock our minds of with the high octane stunts and sizzling hot chemistry.
For a film that is supposed to be a mix of both, action and romance Happy New Year's trailer didn't show us impressive action scenes nor some sizzling chemistry. The lead pair, Shahrukh Khan and Deepika Padukone's chemistry is usually something to watch out for like in Om Shanti Om and Chennai Express but in this movie that spark is missing all together.
The makers upon request from SRK himself are said to be downplaying the romantic angle in the movie, which is obviously a big downer for us considering it was romance king, SRK's upcoming movie.
Here are 10 reason why Shahrukh Khan's Happy New Year trailer failed to impress...
Lack Of X-Factor
There is no character or scene that stands out and makes us go wow! It seems like same old thing.
Enough Of Heist Stories
Kick, Dhoom 1, 2 and 3, Tees Maar Khan and many more movies are based on a hero who is a thief.
No Impressive Stunts
Be it Bang Bang or Kick, both the movies which had action had impressive action scenes in the trailer as well which lacks in the trailer of this movie.
Sonu Sood Seems Like A Dummy
An actor who has played innovative roles like aghori in Telugu movie Arundhati and Chedi Singh in Dabangg seems to be a misfit here.
Deepika Lacks Luster
The actress who has delivered back to back hits films seems to lack luster in the trailer and seems to be imitating Katrina Kaif.
The comic element too is very boring, the actors seem to be cracking pj's that don't even make us laugh.
Background Score Is Boring
The background score to is not impressive, seems like another Om Shanti Om.
Abhishek Bachchan too fails to impress us, we don't understand what he is trying to do. Comedy too was lack luster.
Too Much Of Inspiration
If in Chennai Express Deepika had a Tamilian accent in this she as a Hinglish mix Marati accent. The movie has too much of influence of Dhoom 3.
People were looking forward to seeing their sizzling chemistry on-screen but with the makers downplaying the romantic angle. There was a huge lack of spark which we were all anticipating as viewers.