- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge Turns 22: Ten Hilarious Memes On The Iconic Movie!
- Here's Why We've Always Wanted A Boyfriend Like 'Raj', The Iconic Character Of Shahrukh Khan In DDLJ
- Remember Kajol's Sister Chutki (Pooja Ruparel) In DDLJ? Here's How Gorgeous She Looks Now!
- Remember The Shy Mandira Bedi From DDLJ? Her Latest Beach Pictures In Bikini Will Blow Your Mind!
- Dilwale Music Review: Pritam Delivers Pleasant and foot-tapping Music, A Must Listen!
- 10 Pics Of Shahrukh Khan With His Birthday Cakes
- 10 Pictures Of Shahrukh Khan Sweeping Women Off Their Feet (Literally!)
- Watch: Shahrukh Khan-Kajol Cutely Re-Enact DDLJ's Iconic Scenes
- Read Here What Rani Mukherjee Is Doing For Her First Baby?
- WHOA! Shahrukh Khan Impressed By Fan Made DDLJ Part 2 Story!
- 23 Golden Years Of SRK: Top 23 Best Movies Of Shahrukh Khan
- Pic: Shahrukh Khan Remembers His Journey With Kajol Till Date
Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge celebrated on Mumbai's Marath Mandir's screen, an iconic blockbuster film that has been running in theatre for over 19 years.
Never has any film been shown in any theatres for this long time and turns out the owners of Marath Mandir have no plans of removing the Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge movie from there as well.
The film was debut-directed by Aditya Chopra and released on Oct 20, 1995 starring Shahrukh Khan and Kajol in lead roles. The film had it all, love, action, melodrama, romance, comedy, thrills, songs and dance. Some of the iconic scenes from the movie are still copied in modern Bollywood films.
DDLJ had a very simple story, there was a fun loving London-based Punjabi boy Raj who coincidentally meets an Indian simpleton Simran (Kajol) during an European holiday. Love blossoms between the two, but winning over the girl's conservative family was not a cakewalk for the hero, who then after a lot of hard-work and fight scenes managed to take his bride with him.
Actors like Kareena Kapoor are such fans of the film that they themselves have watched it over 10 times. Even today filmmakers seeks inspiration from this movie, like Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania which had Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt in the lead roles.
While many films can be made seeking inspiration from this movie, it is extremely hard to be remaking such a classic, cult movie. Some classics like DDLJ should never be remade, a sequel sounds interesting but no remakes at any cost.
Not just DDLJ, several iconic films are just so perfectly made that there is no need for them to be remade. They can not make a better movie and so should rather stay away from even trying to remake it.
Check out 10 such iconic Bollywood movies that should never be remade...
Awara was a not just a hit in India but in Russia as well. This film was both directed and produced by Raj Kapoor himself and was a typical love sotry of a poor boy who falls in love with a rich girl.
Mera Naam Joker:
Raj Kapoor's Mera Naam Joker is a timeless classic which also marked the debut of his son Rishi Kapoor in Bollywood. It is one of those classic movies that can never be remade.
Yash Chopra classic Silsila which is said to be based on the real life affair of Amitabh Bachchan and Rekha.
Deewaar directed by Yash Chopra and written by famous writers, Salim-Javed starred Shashi Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan and Nirupa Roy.
This cult movie was directed by Balu Mahendra and is a remake of his Tamil film Moondram Pirai. The film didn't fare well at the Box Office but we can never forget Kamal Haasan and Sridevi's performance. This became one of the classic films of Bollywood.
Anil Kapoor's Mr India was a perfectly made film that is very difficult to be remade. Sridevi and Anil Kapoor's chemistry in the movie is something you can never forget.
Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro:
Kundan Shah's Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro starred Naseeruddin Shah, Ravi Baswani, Om Puri, Pankaj Kapur, Satish Shah, Satish Kaushik and Bhakti Barve.
Andaaz Apna Apna:
Andaaz Apna Apna was one of the best comedy films we have ever seen which got better when the two khans co-starred in it. It would definitely be very difficult to remake this movie.
Maine Pyaar Kiya:
Sooraj Barjataya's Maine Pyaar Kiya was and is one of the most romantic films of Bollywood. This film brought Salman Khan super stardom.
Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge directed by Aditya Chopra that starred Shahrukh Khan and Kajol. The film is still running in theatres and has completed 1000 weeks.