- Saif Ali Khan To Play A Naga Sadhu In His Next! Read Details
- Taimur Is A GUNDA, Says Daddy Saif Ali Khan!
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun: On Karisma Kapoor's Birthday, Kareena & Sonam Paint The Town Red!
- A BIG LET DOWN: These Superstars Will Not Be Attending The IIFA Awards 2018
- London Diaries: Kareena Kapoor & Karisma Kapoor Head To London With Daddy Randhir Kapoor, View Pics
- Forget Kareena Kapoor & Saif Ali Khan; Taimur Steals The Thunder In London! View Pictures
- Ranbir Kapoor Is OBSESSED With This Person & Stalks Him At Every Given Opportunity!
- Kareena Kapoor & Saif Ali Khan Spotted Strolling The Streets Of London With Taimur [PICTURES]
- Preity Zinta Reveals Who's Too ARROGANT - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Kareena Kapoor Or Rani Mukerji!
- Kareena Kapoor Is Unstoppable; Fought The 'Wedding & Baby' Shackles In Bollywood
- Pre-Birthday Special! Kareena Kapoor Meets Sonam Kapoor In London
- Here's What Sonam Kapoor Plans To Do On Her Birthday Along With Hubby Anand Ahuja
Bollywood film industry is like a big ocean, a number of films are made every year, while some achieve huge success, there are some that go unnoticed. But the proud factor is what these Bollywood films have achieved.
Indian films have not been on par with Hollywood for a really long time but gradually we improved and today our films can give them a tough fight at the Box Office. Our films have not just gained recognition in international markets but at International Award associations as well. Did you know that Indian films are screened at over 90 countries across the world?
And did you know that North America which is the hub of English movies actually generates 25% of the overseas Box Office revenue for the Bollywood films. The recognition we have been getting through our films is truly astonishing, our Bollywood stars like Amitabh Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Salman Khan and Hrithik Roshan have gained huge popularity across the world with fans going crazy over them.
When Aishwarya attended Cannes 2014, girls on the streets were in shock and awe when the spotted the beauty and rushed to grab her autographs. These moments truly make us proud as well.
Coming to Raj Kapoor who is referred to as father of Bollywood films, is looked upon with great respect in Russia. He had a huge and one of the biggest fan base in Russia, even today the Russians love the Kapoor family and all that is because of Raj Kapoor's film Awaara. Confused? As to what the link is?
Well to know why Russians are in awe of Raj Kapoor and his family, you'll have to read the feature. Similar to these there are a number of interesting facts about many of our Bollywood films that you didn't know about, so go on and read to gain some filmi gyaan.
Kareena Kapoor apparently wore over 130 different dresses made by different designers from all around the world. Interesting right?
Aamir Khan's Lagaan which was based on a cricket match during the British invasion in India, was the first film to be released in China.
Kaho Naa Pyar Hai
Kaho Naa Pyar Hai has won a total of 92 awards, the most number of awards any Bollywood film has won in the History. It was also added to the Guinness Book of World Records 2002 edition.
Salaam Bombay, a Bollywood film that released in 1988 won the Golden Camera and Audience Awards at the Cannes Film Festival. Proud to be an Indian right?
Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
Hrithik Roshan, Farhan Akhtar and Abhay Deol starrer Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara managed to increase the percentage of Indians visiting Spain by 32%.
Indian films are apparently screened in over 90 countries. Out of all the countries, North America generates 25% of Bollywood's overseas box office revenue.
Sridevi played Rajnikanth's stepmother in a in a Tamil film called Moondru Mudichu when she was 13 years old.
Aamir Khan and Asin starrer Ghajini which was a remake of Tamil movie of the same name was the first film to have crossed 100 crores in the Box Office
Kalki Koechlin's great-grandfather, Maurice Koechlin was the chief engineer for the construction of the Eiffel Tower. He was also in charge of the construction of the Statue of Liberty.
After the second world war, Russia was in a terrible state with a lot of people dead, starvation was on the rise. At such a time, when the people of the country where devastated they saw Raj Kapoor's film, Awaara and realized there were greater hardships being faced by the poor people in our country. Russians believe Raj Kapoor gave them optimism to face their troubles and therefore he became the face of optimism in Russia.