- Esha Deol Shares First Photo Of Her Daughter Radhya & We Just Can't Get Enough Of Her Cuteness!
- HEART-BREAKING! Shahrukh Khan & Amitabh Bachchan Get Emotional After Attending Sridevi's Funeral
- WAIT! Esha Deol Teases Her Fans With A Photo; Is That Baby Radhya?
- Hema Malini Visits Mustard Fields & She's Loving Every Bit Of It! Picture
- Amidst Padmavati Row, Hema Malini Reveals That She Had Already Played Rani Padmini Once!
- Hema Malini Hands Over The Baton To Deepika Padukone With A Heartfelt Message!
- AHEM! Sunny Deol Talked To Hema Malini For The First Time Because Of Rumoured EX-GF Dimple Kapadia
- GOOD NEWS! Esha Deol & Her Husband Bharat Takhtani Are Now Proud Parents Of A Baby Girl
- HOT NOW! Did Deepika Padukone HIT BACK At Kangana Ranaut At Hema Malini's Book Launch Event?
- NOT TO MISS! Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Did Something Very UNEXPECTED For Hema Malini & Won Her Heart!
- Inspirational! 'Diya Aur Baati Hum' Actress Deepika Singh's Fan Girl Moment With Idol, Hema Malini!
- Deepika Padukone Says 'I Love You' To This Actor & It's Not Ranveer Singh!
Hema Malini was born on 16th October 1948, this astonishing beauty has turned 66 years old, isn't it shocking? The actress has truly maintained her beauty for she doesn't look that old.
She is not just an actress but a trained Bharatanatyam dancer, choreographer, producer and also a politician. Even at this age, she gives dance performances in various cities, juggling her political career as well. This does say a lot about this 66 years old young woman who is so energetic even at this age that she is multi-tasking with so many careers.
The dream girl is a parliament member, and this birthday the veteran beauty has decided to celebrate her birthday with her family. Hema tweeted, "Will be in Mumbai with my family for my bday and then go to Mathura for a few days where I will oversee preparations for the Cleanliness Drive."
She is Bharatiya Janata Party's Lok Sabha member from Mathura and so she distributes her time between Mathura and Mumbai. From the very day she entered Bollywood film industry she made numerous fans, both in public as well as in her co-stars. She was approached by many but only one managed to steal her heart and that was the handsome and dashing Dharmendra.
He was a married man with kids, yet it didn't stop him from being attracted to her. The couple changed their religion to Islam and got married in 1980. Many people know about their affair but how they ended up getting married only very few or probably none know how the love was born and how it transformed their life.
Their love story is one of the most iconic love stories in Bollywood, even today the couple have managed to retain that love for one another and have had a healthy marriage of almost 34 years.
Read further to know the lesser known facts or intimate details about their famous love affair...
Hema Malini and Dharmendra, fell in love with each other in the year 1970, on the sets of Tum Haseen Main Jawan.
Though Dharmendra was a married man, he fell head over heels in love with Hema Malini, but the actress did not budge to him in the initial days.
Finally Hema fell for him and the couple dated each other for 5 years before tying the knot.
Her father was strictly against this marriage, as he did not want his daughter to marry an already married man. But Hema married Dharamendra after her father's demise, which hurt her mother's sentiment a lot.
His wife did not agree to divorce him and against all odds and against both the families the couple decided to convert to Islam in order to marry. Their Nikahnama stated, "Dilawar Khan Kewal Krishn (44 years) accepted Aisha Bi R. Chakravarty (29 years) as his wife on 21 August 1979 at a mehr of Rs 111,000 in the presence of two legal witnesses."
Since Hema was a Iyenger girl, they married once again in the Iyenger customs as well.
She revealed that she got attracted to Dharmendra because he was strong and silent like her mother. The actress finds her husband very romantic and says he still looks at her the way he did in their first meeting.
It was the song, Main Jat Yamla Pagla Deewana, when she fell for Dharmendra. She also revealed that it was his cute dance moves in the song, which made her fall in love with him immediately.
It is said that while shooting a particular scene in Sholay; Dharamendra lured the light boys with money to disturb the lights on the set. The continuous retakes gave him many chances to hold Hema Malini several times.
Hema had turned down several marriage proposals from actors like Sanjeev Kumar and Jeetendra to marry Dharamendra. They were blessed with two kids Esha and Ahana in 1981 and 1985 respectively. Both of who got married and settled down in life.