- Bigg Boss 8 Contestant Arya Babbar Ties The Knot With GF Jasmine Puri; Karishma-Upen Attend-PICS
- Gautam Gulati Wasn't Invited For Arya Babbar's Book Launch?
- Salman Khan's 49th Birthday Bash: Bigg Boss's Gauhar, Kushal, Diandra Attend! [PHOTOS]
- Bigg Boss 8 Sneak Peek: Nominations With Twist, Gautam Gulati Saves Two!
- Puneet Issar Is A Very Dirty Human Being: Arya Babbar Post Bigg Boss 8!
- Arya Babbar Eliminated From Bigg Boss 8 By Salman Khan
- Arya Babbar Or Karishma Tanna To Get Eliminated From Bigg Boss 8?
- Why Bigg Boss 8's Arya Babbar Will Be Out This Week?
- Bigg Boss 8: Contestant's Pay Details Revealed, Natasa Paid Lowest-Karishma Highest
- Bigg Boss 8’s Ugly Spat Season Is Back As Renee-Dimpy Fight!
- Upen Patel - Ali Quli Mirza Major Face Off On Bigg Boss 8! (Photos)
- Bigg Boss 8 Weekend Ka Vaar: Salman Khan Took Karishma Tanna, Upen Patel's Trip!
Arya Babbar, son of veteran actor Raj Babbar is an Indian actor who appears in Bollywood and Punjabi films. Born on May 24, 1984, Arya took a plunge into acting about 12 years ago in a movie called Ab Ke Baras.
The actor debuted opposite Amrita Rao and was even nominated at the Star Screen Awards for Most Promising Newcomer - Male category for his film Ab Ke Baras. It's a different thing that he didn't win that award nor has managed to win any award after that.
The only noticeable contribution he ever made was in films of top notch directors like Ready starring Salman Khan and Guru starring Abhishek Bachchan.Speaking about his personality he said, "I have learnt to hold my peace in recent times. But if I see something wrong happening, I won't keep quiet."
The only reason the actor has decided to leave Bollywood for a reality show is for Money. On asking the reason he said, "The money, of course."
He also said, "It's good. But the real reason is the book that I've written. It gets published in January. When I come out as a winner -- of course I'll win -- I hope to have a relatively larger readership." Yes, the actor after failing to provide one decent hit in Bollywood has now opted to write a book, if you can't be an actor, become an author. Guess that's the trend these days for flop actors in the industry.
He further added, "Twelve years ago, I made my debut as a leading man in Ab Ke Baras. Now I am heading into another phase in my life as an author. Bigg Boss is a good vehicle to take me into the new level in my life."
So it is quite obvious why the actor has decided to take a break from Bollywood, the reason he boasts of a huge flop acting career. Read on to know the lesser known facts about his flop career.
Arya Babbar started his acting career with Raj Kanwar's Ab Ke Baras alongside Amrita Rao but that majorly flopped at the box office.
In spite of working with the likes of Mani Ratnam, Madhur Bhandarkar and Vikram Bhatt, Arya did not manage to shine or provide hit movies to the industry.
Arya launched his first graphic comic book titled Pushpak Viman, which, according to him, is a contemporary take on Hindu mythology.
His yet another book will get published in January and in order to get more people to buy his book the actor took part in a television reality show.
He has also won the National Award of the Journalist Association for Upcoming Actor in Action.
He has 25-27 films to his credit, out of which 20 are Bollywood films and rest are Punjabi films. By any chance do you guys remember seeing him in 27 films? Because, I don't!
More than his movies, the actor his famous for his hot kissing scenes and even intimate scenes with actress Pooja Bharti from his yet another flop movie Paapi.
He himself spoke about his struggling days in Bollywood, ""It would be wrong to say that I have been selective in my roles. The truth is I didn't get work. I have been struggling and fighting to get films. However, after doing Madhur Bhandarkar's Jail things have improved."
The actor is trending on Twitter as he has become the butt of jokes. One of jokes goes like this-
Arya Babbar is that kinda guy in your classroom who repeatedly tries to crack a joke and is the only one to laugh at it non stop.
On being questioned about what he would miss the most during his stay in the house, Arya said, "Sex and pizza".