- Amitabh Bachchan Calls '60 Year' Copyright Rule Rubbish, Lashes Out Against It
- Aamir Khan On His Birthday: I Was Wishing Amitabh Bachchan Should Wish Me First And He Did
- Aamir Khan Celebrates His Birthday With Thugs Of Hindostan Cast In Jodhpur!
- Amitabh Bachchan In Pain Because Of Heavy Thugs Of Hindostan Costumes; Says He's Fine Now
- OUCH! Aamir Khan Wants Katrina Kaif To Reshoot Her Scenes In Thugs Of Hindostan?
- OOPS! Amitabh Bachchan DISCRIMINATES Between Aishwarya Rai Bachchan & Shweta Bachchan; Fans Slam Him
- Joy To See Ladies On 'Thugs Of Hindostan' Sets: Amitabh Bachchan
- INSIDE PICTURES From Jalsa! Aishwarya Rai Bachchan & Aaradhya Bachchan Celebrate HOLI With Amitabh
- HEART-BREAKING! Shahrukh Khan & Amitabh Bachchan Get Emotional After Attending Sridevi's Funeral
- Dark Day For Bollywood! Amitabh Bachchan Had A Premonition About Sridevi's Death?
- LOOK AT THAT! Ranbir Kapoor's 'Brahmastra' Is A Battle Axe; Why Is He ROAMING On Mumbai Streets?
- STOPPED AGEING OR WHAT? Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's KILLING IT At Femina Beauty Awards; Big B Joins Her
- Naresh Agarwal Insults Jaya Bachchan With An Indecent Remark; Twitterati Wants Him Sacked!
Bollywood is a glamourous film industry where expecting monogamy is really difficult. However, there are some Bollywood celebrity couples who have proved that they can make marriages work. A lot of couples failed to make their marriage last the good or the worse.
However, some really strong and in love Bollywood's celebrity couples have been a pillar of strength for each other in the good as well as bad times. There are some Bollywood celebrity couples who have the longest marriages and prove an epitome of love in Bollywood.
Recently, the superstar, Amitabh Bachchan celebrated his 41st marriage anniversary with actress turned politician, Jaya Bachchan. Even after having ups and downs, the couple have stood strong and showed that marriages can last long in the industry of glamour and glitz. Although Big B got carried away by the charisma and looks of Rekha 3 years after marriage with Jaya, the actor decided to make his marriage work and ended his must talked about extra-marital affairs of Bollywood.
Apart from Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan, there are many other Bollywood couples with longest marriages. With God's grace some celebrity couples have stood strong and showered love on their spouse.
For example, Shahrukh Khan and Gauri Khan tied the knot after a filmy drama in 1991. SRK has worked with leading and gorgeous actresses but always stood as an epitome of love for his lady, Gauri Khan. Althoufgh SRK had his own set of rumoured controversies with Kajol, Juhi Chawla and then Priyanka Chopra, the King Khan maintained his silence over the rumoured and always came up strong with his wife.
Here are some of the longest celebrity marriages that can make you believe that love is not rocket science for Bollywood's celebrity couples.
Longest Celebrity Marriages In Bollywood:
Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan
They fell in love and tied the knot. However, Big B got carried away by the charm of Rekha while shooting Do Anjaane and the romance became the talk of the town. However, Big B and Rekha parted their ways after Silsila released which was based on their love triangle. Their 41 years of marriage is a proof that the strong marital bond can't be broken easily!
Dilip Kumar and Saira Banu
This celebrity marriage raised many eyebrows and drew criticism as Dilip married 20 years younger Gopi co-star, Saira Banu. However, after tying the knot in 1966, the couple are still going strong with God's grace.
Shahrukh and Gauri Khan
SRK and Gauri are one of the most loved and talked about celebrity couples in Bollywood. Their love story is also very typical just like a SRK movie. SRK met Gauri and it was love at first sight for him. After family drama over religion, Shahrukh finally tied the knot with Gauri and then went ahead to become King Khan of Bollywood.
Jeetendra and Shobha Kapoor
Jeetendra was a Casanova in his young days but after tying the knot with his air hostess girlfriend, Shobha, Jeetu proved that marriages can work in the glamourous world.
Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Singh
The co-stars are not only loved on-screen but off-screen as well. Rishi and Neetu tied the knot in 1980 and even after 34 years of marriage, they look charming and very much in love.
Shatrughan Sinha and Poonam Sinha
They too got married in 1980 and after 3 decades of togetherness, Shotgun and his gorgeous wife are still going strong.
Anil and Sunita Kapoor
This celebrity couple is regarded as one of the most stable, controversy-free marriages in Bollywood.
Suniel and Mana Shetty
The actor first bumped into Mana at Pastry Palace, a pastry shop where he often used to go with his friends. Later he met the same girl Mana at a friend's party. She was only 17! Slowly they started getting close and after dating for 9 years, the couple tied the knot keeping religious barriers aside. Sunil is a Hindu and Mana a Muslim.