- Priyanka Chopra Spotted Celebrating B'day With Nick Jonas; Madhu Chopra Comments On Their Marriage
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra! Here Are 7 Most Defining Moments That Changed Her Life Forever
- This Game Of Thrones Star Accompanies Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas On A Double Date!
- Priyanka Chopra Dances Her Heart Out; Wraps The Shooting Of 'Isn't It Romantic' In Style!
- Priyanka Chopra Talks About Her Boyfriend Nick Jonas; Says They Are Getting To Know Each Other!
- BREAKING! Priyanka Chopra Will Be Getting MARRIED To Nick Jonas Soon; Drops A Major Hint On Wedding!
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan & Priyanka Chopra In No Mood To PATCH UP; Their Latest Move Hints So!
- Nirbhaya Case: Priyanka Chopra, Anushka Sharma & Others Hail The Supreme Court's Verdict!
- This Actor Played Cupid In Priyanka Chopra- Nick Jonas' Love Story; Asks If They Are Happy Together!
- Priyanka Chopra Announces Her Next Bollywood Film After Bharat; Can You Guess The Name?
- Priyanka Chopra's Mother Madhu Chopra Responds To The BMC's Illegal Construction Notice!
- Adorable! Priyanka Chopra Goes On A Date With Nick Jonas & Patiently Poses For Fan Selfies Instead
She spoke in length about her films, Mary Kom in general. Go on, read about what she spoke!
What do you think of your films and what do you expect out of them?
Priyanka says, "I never keep expectations from any of my films. Whatever you think in your head it happens. They say man proposes and God disposes. I believe in destiny tremendously and hard work goes hand in hand. So you just do the best and after that whatever happens it happens for good."
Every movie has its own luck. I always try not to have expectations from my movies, but obviously I would want people to love my work, my movie. I want people to be inspired by Mary Kom because thats what happened to me.
Why is it that you give your everything to promote Mary Kom?
I am promoting Mary Kom because I am the only person in this movie whom people know. Promotions are very important for me. I believe in commitment and whenever I sign a movie I do everything to give my best. Every movie is Mughal-E-Aazam for me.
But, why Mary Kom is very important for you? Can you please brief it up for us?
For me, every film I do is very important. All are equal, nothing less or nothing more. It has nothing to do with the confidence. I am very scared but I will promote movie at every extent.
In Mary Kom, you will all see a different Priyanka Chopra. Mary Kom directed by Omung Kumar and produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali will create history and break all records in Bollywood.
Check the slides and know more about what she spoke at length...
What does working with new directors mean to you?
I have worked with loads of new directors Nikhil adwani, Tarun Mansukhani, and now Omung. Some films which i did wit the new directors have become major hit and some have become duds.
I am a complete director's actor, but when you are working with a new director you cannot judge a film by directors name. You have to judge it by the story of the film. It was his idea to make Marry Kom and I have to give him full credit for having a thought of this movie.
What made you do this film Mary Kom?
Writers are very important in this industry. Unfortunately, nobody gives them enough credit or money for their valuable work. When I first read the story, I judged it on the basis of it and said yes immediately. I knew Omung for so many years as a production designer. I knew he had a beautiful vision. Sanjay Leela was like a cherry on the cake for me. He is one of the finest filmmaker in the industry. That made me doubly sure that this Mary Kom will work out wonderfully!
The Bald Look
How much effort did you put in for this movie? How much did you train and get that look?
Being an actor, I'm supposed to train, maintain my body and look fit always. However, I don't train because I'm very lazy. I look atheletic and fit because my constitution is like that. My parents look like that so I am blessed too. But, I had to go to the gym for Mary Kom which was like a punishment.
But the hardwork and effort that I have put in has all come out very well. You will all get to see it on September 5 when it releases.
M C Kom Aka Mary Kom
Please be specific !
Every movie and character needs different kind of practice. For Barfi!, I had to spend time with autisstic kids in schools, family, parents to understand the role. While shooting for Don I had to learn Martial arts.