- Rani Mukerji, Rajkummar Hirani And Vicky Kaushal To Attend IFFM
- Aamir Khan Called Rani Mukerji A 'Buddhi' After Watching Hichki & Here's How She Reacted!
- Akash Ambani's Engagement: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Rani Mukerji, Ranbir-Alia & Others Spotted [PICS]
- Preity Zinta Shares A Throwback Picture From Goa & Wants Salman Khan To Remember It!
- Preity Zinta Reveals Who's Too ARROGANT - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Kareena Kapoor Or Rani Mukerji!
- Rani Mukerji's Hichki To Be Screened At Shanghai Film Festival
- Sonam Kapoor & Anand Ahuja Are Married Now! INSIDE PICS Of Celebs From The Wedding Are Unmissable
- INSIDE PHOTOS From Sonam Kapoor's Mehendi: Rani Mukerji Joins The Squad; Anand Ahuja Caught BLUSHING
- Rani Mukerji Gives Her Two Cents About Feminism, Says Individual Identity Is Everything!
- INTERVIEW! Rani Mukerji: I Look Up To Shahrukh, Salman And Aamir Khan & Will Do Anything For Them!
- Rani Mukerji: I Felt What True Love Is After Giving Birth To Adira!
- Rani Mukerji Talks About Hichki's Success: I Am Happy You Accepted Me With Open Arms
The actress's latest visit was to an anti trafficking NGO in Delhi. Yesterday Rani visited victims and survivors of trafficking, women who were at risk of prostitution. She went to the office of anti trafficking NGO, Apne Aap Women Worldwide and asked people to join the Apne Aap campaign ‘Cool Men Don't Buy Sex'.
Speaking to media personnel, the actress said, "I was always sensitive towards this issue but after doing this film, I have got more attached and emotional towards the cause of fighting against human trafficking. Today, when I interacted with the girls here, I was extremely touched when they said that they also want to do something big in life and they too want to be a ‘Mardaani' like me. I am happy that my film has touched the right chord. And I appeal to all the journalists to take the issue forward."
Rani also feels that enlisting more women in police will help eliminate sex trafficking and can bring down the crime rate in India. The 36-year-old actress said, "I feel if women cops cops come into the picture they will fight against human trafficking strongly because they will feel for this cause more." She recently even accompanied one of them, Fatima Khatoon to the season 8 of the Kaun Banega Crorepati TV show.
Apne Aap trafficking survivor activist Fatima hails from Forbesgunge in Bihar and had been trafficked as a nine year old. These strong woman, after having six children in her early twenties and living in a home-based brothel became an activist who now gets girls enrolled in school away from the brothels and files police cases against traffickers.
Rani also added that she has been inspired by the stories of survivors of these trafficked women.
Rani At The Press Meet
"I feel if women cops cops come into the picture they will fight against human trafficking strongly because they will feel for this cause more," said the 36-year-old actress.
Rani Supporting Their Campaign
Rani asked others to join the Apne Aap campaign ‘Cool Men Don't Buy Sex'.
Rani With Fatima
She also recently accompanied Fatima Khatoon to the season 8 of the Kaun Banega Crorepati TV show.
Khatoon, who hails from Bihar had been trafficked as a nine year old. After having six children in her early twenties and living in a home-based brothel she is now an activist who gets girls enrolled in school away from the brothels and files police cases against traffickers.
"I think these positions need to be filled up as soon as possible and I strongly appeal that more women come forward and fill these positions up and work for this cause. My intention behind doing this film was to inspire women," said the actress.
Rani Mukerji At The NGO
"I inaugurated an all women beat marshal squad in Mumbai where women visit schools, colleges and malls on their bikes. I hope all other states join in and have more beat marshals like that because in Mumbai they are encouraging women cops," Mukerji said.