- INSIDE IIFA 2018: Ranbir Kapoor Dances To Balam Pichkari, Rekha Charms & KJo Goes Shava-Shava!
- Rekha Comes Between Jaya & Aishwarya Rai Bachchan? Her PDA For Amitabh Bachchan IRRITATES His Family
- HIDDEN MOTIVE? Rekha Praises Aishwarya Rai Bachchan To Be In Good Books Of Amitabh Bachchan's Family
- Rekha Pens Down A Heart-touching Letter To Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Says 'Like The Phoenix You Rise'
- Rekha Is The Most Stylish Personality In Bollywood: Sabyasachi Mukherjee
- EXCITING! Salman Khan & Rekha To Reunite On Screen After 30 Years For This Film
- Sridevi's Funeral: Rekha Started CRYING After Hugging Janhvi; Deepika Padukone Says Final Goodbye
- Arjun Kapoor, Karan Johar & Others Rush To Console Janhvi & Khushi Kapoor After Sridevi's Death!
- AWESOME! Deepika Padukone Receives A SPECIAL GIFT From Veteran Actress Rekha
- HOW SWEET! Deepika Padukone's Reaction When Rekha Showered Her With Praises
- ON THEIR AFFAIR! Akshay Kumar Would RUN AWAY From Rekha; He TOLERATED Her Because..: Raveena Tandon
- GOOD SANSKARS! What Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Told Aaradhya When They Met Rekha At A Party!
The ever green actress, Rekha turns 60 today and is still inspiring many with her charisma and beauty. She has no matches to her beauty. As her birthday special, we bring out the most talked about relationship of her life with none other than Amitabh Bachchan.
Incidentally, Big B celebrates his birthday tomorrow.
Rekha was born to a Tamil actor Gemini Ganesan and Telugu actress Pushpavalli. Rekha was forced to work in the industry out of her poor financial status. Though she started her career in Telugu later on she moved to Hindi.
The love story of Rekha and Amitabh was the most talked about which they have never accepted in public. Rekha may have mentioned in many interviews that she admires Amitabh as the whole country does. However, Amitabh stayed away in discussing about Rekha in any of his interviews.
Amitabh Bachchan played a big role in transforming her looks. The tag 'ugly duckling' changed to 'Bollywood beauty'. Their affair started at the sets of their film 'Do Anjaane' and they were seen together in many films like Khoon Pasina, Suhaag, Muqaddar Ka Sikandar, Ganga Ki Saugandh, Ram Balram, Mr. Natwarlal and Silsila.
Silsila was the last film they did together, around that time their affair was very public and Silsila captured the story of their real-life. Even Yash Chopra in an interview revealed that he was apprehensive about the cast and said, "I was always on tenterhooks and scared (during Silsila) because it was real life coming into reel life. Jaya is his wife and Rekha is his girlfriend and the same story is going on. Anything could have happened because they are working together."
Although, this love affair was hyped up so much, they have never accepted nor got united. We wish Rekha a very Happy Birthday today. Rekha will be seen in Super Nani which will be out in theaters this month.
Check out the pics of the actress and Amitabh Bachchan here...
During the initial days of their romance, Rekha and Amitabh used to meet in one of her friends' bungalow. However, when their affair became public, they had taken it a little low.
Their love started at the sets of Do Anjaane and there were even rumours that they got married.
Rekha Created A Stir
Rekha even created a stir when she came to Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Singh's wedding with a Mangalsutra and sindoor.
In an interview with Simi Garewal, Rekha accepted her love affair. She said, "Absolutely! Duh, that's a dumb question! I have yet to come across a single man, woman, child who can't help but fall completely, passionately, insanely, desperately and specially, hopelessly in love with him."
Incomplete Love Affair
Rekha never wanted to settle down with Amitabh and being called 'the other woman'. She realised her future was 'nil' with Amitabh and ended her affair.
Both Rekha and the Bachchans snub at each other in public appearances. Amitabh has never spoken about this one affair with Rekha in any of his interviews.