- Rajesh Khanna's 6th Death Anniversary: Revisiting Anand- One Of His Most Iconic Films!
- Swaragini’s Tejaswi-Helly, Ishqbaaz’s Kunal & Others Remember Rajesh Khanna On His Birth Anniversary
- Akshay Kumar On Rajesh Khanna: I've Learnt From The Experiences; There's Nothing Called A Star
- When Rajesh Khanna Ridiculed Amitabh Bachchan's Punctuality
- #Trending: Naseeruddin Shah Apologises For Insulting Rajesh Khanna; Read Twinkle Khanna's Reply!
- Don't Know What's Being Hidden: Anita Advani
- HC Stays Order To Hand Over Rajesh Khanna Will To Anita Advani
- Rajesh Khanna's 'Aashirwad' Being Sold At Rs 90 Crores!
- Remembering R D Burman: His Classic Hit Songs
- There's No One Like Him: Dimple on Rajesh Khanna
- Dimple Kapadia Feels Abandoned Without Rajesh Khanna!
- Anita Advani: No Adequate Food, But Lots Of Groupism In Bigg Boss 7 House
It has been 2 years since we lost the veteran superstar of Bollywood, Rajesh Khanna. Also known as Kaka, Rajesh passed away on July 18, 2012 in Mumbai at his residence 'Aashirwad'. The legendary talent was the first Bollywood actor to become a superstar. Rajesh is the first actor to give 15 consecutive solo hit films between 1969 and 1971. The success of the romantic hero Rajesh Khanna was covered by BBC in 1974 when they made a film on him titled, Bombay Superstar.
Rajesh appeared in a total of 180 films; 163 feature films and 17 short films out of which he played solo lead in 106 films. Although the veteran star is now no more, he has left behind many memories for his uncountable fans.
The life of Rajesh Khanna has always gathered media attention. From movies to his love life, Rajesh Khanna made headlines even after he left acting. So, on the 2nd death anniversary of the superstar, here are some facts about Rajesh Khanna that you must know, and reasons to love him.
Remembering Rajesh Khanna On His 2nd Death Anniversary:
The First Superstar
His fame, acting, looks, stardom, popularity and mass appeal made him the first superstar of Bollywood.
Rajesh appeared in a total of 180 films - 163 feature films and 17 short films out of which he played solo lead in 106 films.
Rajesh won three Filmfare Best Actor Awards and was nominated for the same fourteen times. He received BFJA Awards for Best Actor (Hindi) four times and was nominated 25 times. Within 25 years of his debut, Rajesh holded the record of appearing solo lead in more films than anyone else.
This is his favourite dialogue which will always be remembered.
Rajesh Khanna broke hearts of many female fans when he tied the knot with Dimple. Rajesh raised many eyebrows as he was in his 30s while Dimple was only 16! After having two daughters, Twinkle Khanna and Rinkie Khanna, Dimple and Rajesh Khanna filed for divorce in 1984. However, during the last days of Kaka, Dimple was with him.
The Romantic Hero
Rajesh Khanna is one of the most cherished romantic heroes of Bollywood.
Rajesh Khanna with his looks and acting became a sensation overnight especially among women. It is said that some unmarried female fans of Rajesh used to put vermilion of his name! He also had passionate lovers who used to slit their wrists for Rajesh.
Rivalry With Amitabh
Kaka might have worked with Big B but definitely had issues as Amitabh was his contemporary who too was becoming famous in the industry with hit films.
Apart from giving big hits, Rajesh Khanna;'s songs are still loved and classic.
Tina broke the glass ceiling when she started living in with Rajesh Khanna years after he separated with Dimple. Their romance was the talk of the town in the 80s. However, the romance did not last and Tina tied the knot with Anil Ambani.