- EXCITING NEWS! Salman Khan Pens A Romantic Song For Race 3
- Salman Khan To Play A Villain In Race 3? Read Details
- My First Ever Meeting With Salman Khan Was Through Katrina Kaif: Ali Abbas Zafar
- Race 3! Salman Khan Begins The Countdown To The Film's Release By Revealing The Official Logo
- Aditya Narayan Accident Case: Singer Granted Bail; Trolls Say 'He Is Salman’s First Driving Student'
- Mental Hai Kya: Salman Khan MIFFED, Kareena Kapoor REJECTS Kangana Ranaut Starrer Owing To N*dity
- IT'S CONFIRMED! Prabhudheva To Direct Salman Khan's Dabangg 3 [READ DETAILS]
- Race 3: Salman Khan And Jacqueline Fernandez Gear Up For A Party Anthem
- Salman Khan Spotted Having A Great Time At His Friends Wedding! View Pictures
- Salman Khan REFUSES To Promote Katrina Kaif's Sister Isabelle; Her TANTRUMS To Be Blamed?
- EXCITING! Salman Khan & Rekha To Reunite On Screen After 30 Years For This Film
- NOT Salman Khan, Imtiaz Ali Feels Shahrukh Khan & Aamir Khan's Collaboration Is Important!
- NO REGRETS! Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Admits She REJECTED These Two ICONIC Films Of Karisma Kapoor
Salman Khan, the most eligible and hot bachelor of Bollywood is turning 49 years old today and this birthday gets all the more special for in just another 2 days the actor will be completing 25 years in Bollywood as the leading hero.
Yes, December 29th of 1989, Salman Khan debuted as the leading hero in Maine Pyaar Kiya. Before this he had done a small supporting role in Biwi Ho To Aisi in 1988.
Salman Khan is not only valued by his fans and family but he is even valued by most of the Bollywood celebrities. He has helped launch about eight actresses, Bhagyashree in Maine Pyar Kiya, Nagma in Baaghi, Chandni in Sanam Bewafa, Bhumika Chawla in Tere Naam, Sneha Ullal in Lucky, Zarine Khan in Veer, Sonakshi Sinha in Dabangg and Daisy Shah in Jai Ho.
He even launched Himesh Reshammiya, Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Sajid-Wajid into the film industry and that's one of the main reasons why they still hols him in high regards.
He is often seen presenting his close friends with some expensive gifts like BMW to Kareena, 4 bedroom flat to Katrina and several Rolex watches to Zayed Khan.
In spite of being so good at heart, Salman had his major share of controversies and problems as well. Apart from the two cases against him in court, hit and run and blackbuck case, the actor also got embroiled in some public controversies involving his ex-lover, Aishwarya Rai.
The actors are still famous for their passionate love affair which ended on a really bad note. A lot of people were hoping that someday they would get back together and get married, while that didn't happen, Salman and Aishwarya's love story is still the most talked about topic.
On his birthday, here is all the intimate details about their love affair and reason of break up...
Salman With Sangeeta Bijlani
Salman Khan was dating Sangeeta Bijali and was almost going to marry her, even the cards were printed but later they ended up breaking up.
Salman moved on from Sangeeta and started to date Pakistani girl Somy Ali. The relationship did get serious and the couple thought of settling down too, but Ash's entry spoils it all.
Love Affair Starts
Salman Khan and Aishwarya's love story started in about 1977. Aishwarya had won the Miss World title and Salman was superstar.
Salman Falls In Love
Salman Khan falls in love with Aishwarya and the moment Somy found out, it broke up with Salman and left the country immediately.
Ash Broke Salman And Somy
In an interview Somi blamed Aishwarya for her break-up with Salman, she said, 'Aishwarya came between me and Salman Khan.'
Refuses The Role Of Brother
In 1997 Salman refused to work in Mansoor Khan's film Josh for the reason that he did not want to play the role of her brother in the film. The role later went to Shahrukh Khan.
Aishwarya's parents did not approve of the relation and she too did not want to go against them. In November 2001 Salman supposedly created a scene at night in front of Ash's house. He said in an interview that all the reports were true to some extent but with some extra juicy bits as well. He even admitted that he and Ash were in a relationship.
Salman even went onto add that, "If you won't fight that means there is no love between you, I will not fight with an outsider, when we fight, it is all because of our love."
He said that he was so angry at times because she was not expressing her love the way he wanted.
Aishwarya Rai broke-up with Salman owing to these issues. He even reportedly slapped director Subhash Ghai, created scene on the set of Kuch na Kaho and Chalte-Chalte.
She confessed in an interview that Salman used to hit her but she was lucky enough to not end up with any scars on her body.
Love Story Ends
Aishwarya went onto find her soul mate in Abhishek and have a happy marriage while Salman Khan still remains on of the most eligible bachelor in Bollywood.