- Alok Nath & Shefali Zariwala On Comedy Nights Bachao; Nun Sofia Hayat Praises Rakhi Sawant! (PICS)
- RIP: Bollywood Celebs Pay Tribute To Lagaan Co-Actor Rajesh Vivek
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai Spoiler: Akshara's Health Worsen; To Lose Eyesight!
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: After Alok Nath, Satya 2‘s Amal Sehrawat To Enter The Show!
- Alok Nath Turns Un-Sanskari; Abuses Lady For Anti #SelfieWithDaughter Post
- Kyonki Saans Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’s Baa Aka Sudha Shivpuri's Demise: Celebs Tweet
- Bigg Boss 8: Celebrity Pairs Who Should Contest, Kapil-Krushna, Shiney-Arnab, Sherlyn-Poonam...
- Not-So-Sanskari Looks Of Alok Nath: Birthday Spcl
- Poonam Pandey's 'Sanskari' Welcome To Alok Nath On Twitter
- Alok Nath Credits Kapil Sharma And Comedy Nights With Kapil For New Comic Role!
- Babuji Alok Nath On Comedy Nights With Kapil: Sneak Peek
- Hrithik Roshan's Agneepath upsets Alok Nath
Alok Nath is one of the actors in Bollywood who is remembers widely for his Sanskari roles. He has acted in Sooraj Barjatya's films like Maine Pyaar Kiya, Vivah, Hum Aapke Hai Kaun and Hum Saath Saath Hain as the father figure (Sanskari Babuji) who endorses 'Indian' values.
Alok Nath recently became a butt of jokes on Twitter and Facebook and the social networking platforms really criticised the sanskari Alok Nath. Alok then tried to break free of the 'sanskari' mould and revealed that he had his 'other' side as well. He said, "I'm a chilled out dude. When I was younger I did some pretty wild things with the limited options I had. I had some crazy friends, girlfriends too," On becoming butt of jokes, Alok Nath said, "Mera aashirwaad unke saath hai."
The veteran actor in one of the interviews said that he has done his set of wild things and is not the way he has been only portrayed in movies. To remind you, Alok Nath has also played villain based roles and did some on-screen romance as well. However, his sanskari babuji roles have become so common and hit, that people hardly remember his other side.
The actor suddenly became the talk of the town recently after jokes on the sanskar started going viral on the web. The actor has played father on-screen to even people who are older to him. Apart form movies, Alok Nath also acted in Television serials Sapna Babul Ka... Bidaai and Kuch Toh Log Kehenge. From playing as father to father-in-law, Alok Nath shared some really sanskari moments on silver screen.
So, we decided to pay a tribute to one of the best and talented veteran actors of Bollywood who has played father figure. Here are some of the best sanskari roles of Alok Nath which we love.
Best Sanskari Roles Of Alok Nath We Love:
Maine Pyaar Kiya
Alok Nath became a sensation as a father figure on screen with his role in the blockbuster hit film, Maine Pyaar Kiya. Not only the movie shot Salman Khan and Bhagyashree to fame, but made the veteran actor all the more popular.
Hum Saath Saath Hain
This is another Sooraj Barjatya film where Alok Nath played the role of a sanskari father. He also played the role of father-in-law.
It is one of the classic films in Bollywood in which Alok Nath played the role of a simple and very caring uncle to an orphan.
Ek Vivaah Aisa Bhi
The stereotypical Indian father who values religion and morality played a sanskari role in this film. The very intro of Alok Nath showing his house as a temple gives the audiences a true glimpse of his sanskaars!
The movie showed a lovely and very strong relationship of a father and daughter. Alok Nath played a lovable father Suraj Dev to Ganga (Mahima).
The strong father of Mansi (Aishwarya) played a spiritual singer named Tara Babu. The character is like he will do anything for her happiness and also keeps teaching values to her so as to help her achieve in life.
Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham
He played a small but significant father role in K3G.