- Shahid Kapoor Backs Out From Performing At The IIFA Awards 2018, Here's Why!
- Vijay Deverakonda Comments On Shahid Kapoor And Dhruv Doing The Arjun Reddy Remakes
- Man In Anushka Sharma & Virat Kohli's Video Has Worked With Shahrukh Khan & Madhuri Dixit!
- Does Bobby Deol Hold A Grudge Against Imtiaz Ali For Replacing Him With Shahid Kapoor In A Film?
- Bhushan Kumar's T-Series & Prernaa Arora's KriAj Settle Hatchet Over Shahid's Batti Gul Meter Chalu?
- Shahid Kapoor BOWS Out Of Imtiaz Ali's Next Film, Rajkummar Rao To Replace Him?
- Arjun Reddy Hindi Remake: Tara Sutaria To Play Shahid Kapoor's Girlfriend In The Film?
- Arjun Reddy Hindi Remake: Shahid Kapoor Is Having 'Dark Thoughts' & This Picture Is A Proof!
- Sonam Kapoor's Wedding Party: Ranbir-Katrina, Salman-Aishwarya & Other B-Town Exes Under A Roof!
- Arjun Reddy Remake: Why Is Shahid Kapoor Refraining From Confirming That He's Doing The Film?
- What Irked Sonam Kapoor So Bad That She Ended Up Comparing Kareena Kapoor With EX Shahid Kapoor?
- Arjun Reddy Remake: Shahid Kapoor In Vijay Deverakonda's Shoes, Why Was Arjun Kapoor Replaced?
Haider is an upcoming Indian drama film directed by Vishal Bhardwaj, and written by Basharat Peer and Bhardwaj. It is an adaptation of William Shakespeare's Hamlet, and is set in Kashmir. And we have brought to you all the behind the scene action that occurred while shooting in the beautiful locales of Kashmir.
The film stars Tabu, Shahid Kapoor as the eponymous protagonist, Shraddha Kapoor, and Kay Kay Menon. Haider is the third installment of Bhardwaj's Shakespeare trilogy after Maqbool (2003) and Omkara (2006). The movie is said to clash with Hrithik Roshan's Bang Bang which is also slated to release on 2nd October.
When Shahid was questioned about this, he said, "I saw the promo of ‘Bang Bang' and I loved it and I will definitely go and watch the film. I wished good luck to Hrithik.It is a five-day weekend, the five-day holiday period is coming after a long time and I think any big holiday weekend is good enough for two films to sustain. Two big films can release (together), there is no problem."
Shahid also said, "I think if ‘Haider' is black then ‘Bang Bang' is white. What ‘Haider' is offering you that ‘Bang Bang' can't offer and vice versa. We are confident about our film. Our film is not very expensive so we have nothing to lose. So getting a five-day weekend is fantastic for a film like ours."
"I don't think there is going to be any confusion for people. If people want to see something edgy, different and out-of-the-box then they will see ‘Haider' and if people want to see something entertaining, fun and a potboiler then they will see ‘Bang Bang'," he added.
Check out the pictures capturing behind the scene action of the Haider film shooting that took place in the picturesque Kashmir.
The movie was shot in the beautiful locales of Kashmir.
With Haider, Vishal Bharadwaj is said to complete his trilogy on William Shakespeare, his earlier two being Maqbool (Macbeth) and Omkara (Othello)
Directed by Vishal Bharadwaj, the movie is based on William Shakespeare's Hamlet. It also features Tabu, Irrfan Khan and Kay Kay Menon.
"I am happy to see my son doing well," said acclaimed actor Pankaj Kapur.
"I think if ‘Haider' is black then ‘Bang Bang' is white," said Shahid.
"What ‘Haider' is offering you that ‘Bang Bang' can't offer and vice versa. We are confident about our film," said Shahid.
"Our film is not very expensive so we have nothing to lose. So getting a five-day weekend is fantastic for a film like ours," Shahid said.
Apart from ‘Haider', Shahid, 33, seems all excited about ‘Shandaar', a film by Vikas Bahl.
The trailer which got released recently was a shocker for Shaahid fans as It was gory, intriguing and it shows a sizzling chemistry between both Shahid Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor.
Actor Shahid Kapoor, who is a trained dancer, found it challenging to movie in an unusual manner to the tunes of the song "Bismil", which features in the movie.
"It was very essential that Haider (my character) does not dance like Shahid. He had to have his own body language. His dance and acting had to be different from my usual style. So we had choreographer Sudesh who has done an opera with Vishal (Bhardwaj) sir and he is from Norway," Shahid said.
This is pic from while the crew was shooting for the song "Bismil", the song was shot at the Sun Temple in Kashmir.
"The Sun Temple is a very beautiful place and there were 5,000 to 6,000 people there everyday to watch the shoot. It was challenging to dance as an emotional character at such a place," Shahid added.