- Kareena Kapoor NOT INTERESTED In Working With Shahrukh Khan? Good Prospects For Aishwarya & Deepika
- Does Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Regret Rejecting Big Banner Films Starring Shahrukh Khan & Aamir Khan?
- Shahrukh Khan Refuses To Leave Gauri Khan's Hand At Sonam Kapoor & Anand Ahuja's Wedding!
- Sonam Kapoor's Wedding Reception: A Huge Cake, Aishwarya's 'Buntsangha' & SRK-Salman's Dance!
- Stars Spotted At Sonam Kapoor's RECEPTION: Aishwarya Rai, SRK, Ranbir, Katrina, Alia & Others [PICS]
- Madhuri Dixit Reveals What She Likes The Most About Shahrukh Khan!
- Grand As Shahrukh's Mannat! Sonam Kapoor's BF Anand Ahuja's Bungalow Is COSTLIER Than The Bachchans
- Shahrukh Khan & Salman Khan Are Superheroes: Anurag Kashyap
- Karan Johar On My Name Is Khan: I'm Proud Of Shahrukh Khan & The Way He Played The Character
- Will Shahrukh, Aamir & Salman Khan Support Deepika Padukone's Stand On Gender Pay Disparity?
- Katrina Kaif On Working With Shahrukh, Salman & Aamir Khan: They Can Only Help Me Become Better!
- When Shahrukh Khan's Body Caught Fire: I Threw Myself On The Floor; I Had A Close Shave With Death
Preity Zinta has grabbed headlines the past couple of days with her molestation case against industrialist and her former beau Ness Wadia. And if reports are to be believed Ness Wadis's company was apparently threatened by the underworld. This is not the first time this has happened. Many Bollywood celebs have been threatened by the underworld in the past.
Shah Rukh Khan was too targeted by the underworld which he revealed much later. The Ness-Wadia and Preity Zinta case has turned into a mess, with each day a new kind of story getting linked. The stars have remained mum about her case and barely countable Bollywood celebs have supported her. The latest development in the case is that Wadia group filed a complaint that they received a threat call from the underworld. Industrialist Nusli Wadia, father of Ness and head of the Wadia Group, has filed a complaint with the NM Joshi Marg police station, Mumbai.
As per the reports it says, the underworld possibly threatened the Wadia Group interests. However, it is still not clear if it is related to Preity's case in any possible way. The case has been forwarded to anti-extortion cell following the complaint. Underworld has been lurking in the shadows of the glamorous Bollywood glitterati, haunting and hunting Indian cinema since ages. Looks like they have now shifted their focus to industrialists as well.
Now that the topic has arose let's check out those Bollywood celebs who have been threatened by the underworld...
Although he turned hostile to Bharat Shah case but the super star truly broke his silence in 2002 narrating the story that has taken shape in 1997-98 for working in the film that brought SRK in the hit-list of underworld dons. First, Chotta Shakeel compelled him to work to which SRK sort of gave a nod. Things somehow did not work and he later got threatening calls from Abu Salem himself. The story has not changed though characters on the other end might have.
She was the second one in a long list of celebrities who did not deny the claims of getting calls from underworld during the Bharat Shah case. It was during Chori Chori Chupke Chupke in 2000 during the shoot that she got an extortion call referring to Bhai ka Aadmi for an amount of 50 lakhs. In a statement to police she had agreed to pay 25 lakhs as remuneration for acting in Chori Chori Chupke Chupke. Later, she also admitted her willingness to act in the film despite all that drama.
The filmmaker had been targeted when an unknown gunman entered his office at Juhu. The gunman fired two rounds in the office after he got aware of Bhatt"s absence. Ravi Pujari again was suspected in this case by Ashok Pandit; who happened to visit Bhatt"s office, and take Pujari"s call threatening Bhatt. Similar call was attended by Bhatt later. Strangely, Bhatt had not been warned of this attack before.
She although did not get the direct calls from underworld. However, the conversation between her and Salman Khan made it clear that Salman would threaten her in the name of underworld don. Central forensic report with the help of the samples of their respective voices through audiocassettes proved Salman having connections with underworld.
In 2002, the actor had informed the Mumbai police that he had received threats from the underworld and sought fresh arms licence from them.
Akshay Kumar received death threats over the phone last year from a man, who claims to be fugitive gangster Ravi Pujari. The caller identified himself as gangster Ravi Pujari, and he told the actor that he made a huge mistake by sacking his domestic help.
Actor-cum-politician Govinda was receiving life-threatening calls from the underworld in 2006, his brother had alleged. The threats were taken seriously and the actor was provided with extra security.
Sonu Nigam had alleged last year that he got threatened by the underworld to cancel his deal with an event management company and sign up with another, supposedly chosen by them.