- Kareena Kapoor NOT INTERESTED In Working With Shahrukh Khan? Good Prospects For Aishwarya & Deepika
- Does Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Regret Rejecting Big Banner Films Starring Shahrukh Khan & Aamir Khan?
- Shahrukh Khan Refuses To Leave Gauri Khan's Hand At Sonam Kapoor & Anand Ahuja's Wedding!
- Sonam Kapoor's Wedding Reception: A Huge Cake, Aishwarya's 'Buntsangha' & SRK-Salman's Dance!
- Stars Spotted At Sonam Kapoor's RECEPTION: Aishwarya Rai, SRK, Ranbir, Katrina, Alia & Others [PICS]
- Madhuri Dixit Reveals What She Likes The Most About Shahrukh Khan!
- Grand As Shahrukh's Mannat! Sonam Kapoor's BF Anand Ahuja's Bungalow Is COSTLIER Than The Bachchans
- Shahrukh Khan & Salman Khan Are Superheroes: Anurag Kashyap
- Karan Johar On My Name Is Khan: I'm Proud Of Shahrukh Khan & The Way He Played The Character
- Will Shahrukh, Aamir & Salman Khan Support Deepika Padukone's Stand On Gender Pay Disparity?
- Katrina Kaif On Working With Shahrukh, Salman & Aamir Khan: They Can Only Help Me Become Better!
- When Shahrukh Khan's Body Caught Fire: I Threw Myself On The Floor; I Had A Close Shave With Death
Shahrukh Khan is the King of Bollywood. Every filmmaker wants to work with this talented superstar at least once. Shahrukh has given some blockbuster hit films which has increased his fan following worldwide.
However, like many Bollywood actors, SRK too did some mistakes by turning down legendary roles. The King Khan of Bollywood might have given numerous hits till now in his acting career. However, we so wish he did not reject these films.
Did you know Shahrukh Khan was offered Kaho Na Pyaar Hai first? He was the first choice of Rakesh Roshan. Though Koyla flopped, nothing could stop Rakesh Roshan from considering SRK for his next release. Things did not work out so Rakesh decided to cast his son, Hrithik Roshan. This was the debut film of Hrithik which turned out to be a blockbuster. Hrithik became a superstar overnight. The movie also shot Hrithik's co-star Ameesha Patel to fame. Ameesha's role was first offered to Kareena Kapoor who also turned it down.
There are many other Bollywood films that have been rejected by Shahrukh Khan. Surprisingly most of the films SRK turned down became superhit. For example, Jodha Akbar was first offered to SRK. Ashutosh Gowariker, even after the failure of Swades with SRK wanted to cast him in his next film, Jodha Akbar. However, Hrithik acted in the film as it was turned down by Shahrukh.
Here is a list of hit films that were turned down by Shahrukh Khan.
Shahrukh Khan's Mistake: Superhit Roles He Rejected
The biggest grosser of Indian cinema is one of the Bollywood films that Shahrukh Khan rejected to do. Even after SRK rejected Munnabhai MBBS, Rajkumar Hirani and Vidhu Vinod Chopra wanted to cast him in this film.
SRK was the first choice of Tamil director of the film, Shankhar. However, Srk rejected the role.
It is one of the epic Bollywood films which is the third film in the Indian cinema industry to be nominated Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film after Mother India (1957) and Salaam Bombay! (1988). The role was first offered to Aamir who was not ready to produce it. Ashutosh later went to SRK who too did not show much interest. Then the director convinced Aamir Khan. Rest is all history now!
Sanjay Dutt gave full justice to his tapori film. However, Rajkumar Hirani and Vidhu Vinod Chopra's first choice was Shahrukh Khan for the role of Munna. Sanjay was to play Zaheer, which eventually went to Jimmy Shergill. We somehow feel good about the fact that SRK rejected this film as he could not have given justice to the role of Munna.
Kaho Na Pyaar Hai
Although Rakesh Roshan's Koyla starring Shahrukh Khan flopped, his first choice of KNPH was none other than SRK. However, SRK rejected the film and Rakesh launched his son, Hrithik Roshan. It also marked the debut of Ameesha Patel whose role was first rejected by Kareena Kapoor.
It might have been a lengthy film, but the epic historical drama is one of the best Bollywood films of Ashutosh Gowariker. Ashutosh first offered the role of Akbar to SRK who could not work on it and the movie was then accepted by Hrithik Roshan.
Sajid Khan's directorial debut was first offered to Shahrukh Khan. However, Akshay Kumar worked in the film and it became a superhit.
Rang De Basanti
SRK was not so keen on doing this classic hit of Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra film which later went to Aamir Khan.