- Hrithik Roshan Says No To Weight Training For His Character In Super 30!
- Hrithik Roshan Is One Doting Son & Brother, Buys Benarasi Saris For His Mother And Sister!
- INTERVIEW! Urvashi Rautela: I See Myself As A Female Version Of Hrithik Roshan
- Hrithik Roshan Chooses To Be Close To Reality Through His Work; Here's Why We Say So!
- RIP Sridevi! An Emotional Hrithik Roshan Reveals Details About Working With The Legendary Actress
- Super 30: An UNRECOGNIZABLE Hrithik Roshan Caught Selling Papads On The Streets Of Jaipur!
- SAD REALITY! When Ranveer Singh KILLED His Dream Of Becoming An Actor Cos Of Abhishek & Hrithik
- Revealed! Is Tiger Shroff Also A Part Of Hrithik Roshan Starrer Super 30?
- 'Kumkum Bhagya' Actress Mrunal Thakur Makes Her Bollywood Debut Opposite Hrithik Roshan In Super 30!
- Super 30: Hrithik Roshan's First Look Has IMPRESSED Anand Kumar; Here's What He Has To Say!
- NOT EVEN A FILM OLD! Sara Ali Khan Wants To Work With Only Top Bollywood Stars?
- Super 30 FIRST LOOK! Get Ready For Some Math With Hrithik Roshan As Prof. Anand Kumar
- Katrina Kaif To Be Seen In Hrithik Roshan's Kaabil For An Item Number?
Be it Bollywood or Hollywood, there are a number of movies that are based on a gangster's life. There is something about a gangster's life that intrigues us. We are curious to know how they landed in that profession or how they emerged as a don and last but not the lease how they got caught or hoe they died. While there are many Bollywood movies that are based on a gangster's life, we have chosen the best of the best only.
Agneepath was an iconic film, that was based on the underworld. The film follows the struggle of a common man, Vijay Chauhan, as he seeks revenge from Kancha Cheena, for wrongly framing and murdering his father in the island village of Mandwa. In the process he befriends an underworld drug lord Rauf Lala and falls in love with a loquacious girl, Kaali Gawde. While the first movie was iconic, it's remake made by Karan Johar starring Hrithik Roshan and Sanjay Dutt was equally enthralling. This was probably the best remake movie in Bollywood.
Though publicized as a remake, the film borrows only the basic plot of the original, while making the characters and incidents completely different. The film's title was taken from a poem of the same name by Harivansh Rai Bachchan, which forms a thematic link through the film, both literally and metaphorically.
Another movie that left a deep imprint was Company, a 2002 Indian crime-thriller film written and directed by Ram Gopal Varma. It is a fictional expose of the Mumbai underworld, loosely based on the Indian mafia organization D-Company, known to be run by Dawood Ibrahim. It is the second film in the Gangster (film series) and a sequel to the blockbuster Satya. It was followed by a sequel, D. Film critic Rajeev Masand has labeled it as one of the "most influential movies of the past ten years."
Let's take a look at the best Bollywood movies that were based on a gangster's life.
Gangs of Wasseypur (2012)
A clash between Sultan (a Qureishi dacoit chief) and Shahid Khan (a Pathan who impersonates him) leads to the expulsion of Khan from Wasseypur, and ignites a deadly blood feud spanning three generations.
A slumdog named Chandu teams up with Malik, a low-level enforcer for a criminal syndicate. Together they eliminate all their enemies, becoming the most feared gangsters in Mumbai before jealousy and anger turn them against each other.
A young man named Satya (J.D Chakravarthy) comes to Mumbai from South India in search of a job. Jailed for something he did not do.
Vaastav: The Reality (1999)
Raghunath Namdev Shivalkar (Sanjay Dutt) and his best friend Dedh Footiya (Sanjay Narvekar) struggle to find work in Mumbai.
Two brothers are caught on the different sides of a gang war.
A young boy's father is lynched before his eyes; fifteen years later he returns home for revenge.
A young boy's quest for revenge leads him to become a gangster as an adult, and with each day he becomes more and more like his enemies. Can he find vengeance and redemption?
The authority of a man, who runs a parallel government in Mumbai, is challenged. His son rises to face his enemies.
The desperate lives of two estranged twin brothers converge over missing drugs, politics, racial prejudice, corrupt cops and an unplanned pregnancy.
Once Upon a Time in Mumbai (2010)
A smuggler rises to power in in 1970s Mumbai, a younger gangster seeks to overthrow him, and a police officer is caught in the middle.