- INSIDE SCOOP! Aditya Roy Kapur & Kriti Sanon To Star In Mohit Suri's Edgy Thriller?
- 2 Years Of Fitoor! Director Abhishek Kapoor Calls It A Very 'Enriching' Experience
- LOVE TRIANGLE! 'Brothers' Varun Dhawan & Aditya Roy Kapur To Fall For Alia Bhatt In 'Shiddat'?
- Aditya Roy Kapur REPLACES Sidharth Malhotra In Salman Khan’s Race 3?
- Don't Feel The Need To Take Too Many Fashion Risks: Aditya Roy Kapur
- CONFIRMED! Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt, Aditya Roy Kapur, Sanjay Dutt & Sridevi To Star In This Film
- SHOCKER! Ranveer Singh's Girlfriend Left Him For Aditya Roy Kapur; INSIDE DETAILS
- REVEALED! Not Aditya Roy Kapur But This Star Kid Was To Make His Bollywood Debut With Aashiqui 2
- New CAT FIGHT In Bollywood! Jealous Shraddha Kapoor Gives Katrina Kaif A Cold Shoulder At A Party!
- RIP Rumours! Farhan Akhtar & Aditya Roy Kapur Hug It Out; No Fight Over Shraddha Kapoor [Picture]
- BIG SHOCKER! Farhan Akhtar & Aditya Roy Kapur Got Into An UGLY FIGHT At A Party For Shraddha Kapoor!
- After OK Jaanu, Will Aditya Roy Kapur Do A Light Hearted Romantic Film Yet Again?
- Parineeti Chopra Hopes 2015 Is 'Better'
Aditya Roy Kapur's upcoming movie, Daawat-e-Ishq's trailer launched last night and it has already mesmerized the viewers. The actor who entered the media industry as a popular Channel V VJ is now a growing star in Bollywood.
While he may have made his film debut with London Dreams, it was his next film Action Replay (2010) alongside Akshay Kumar and Aishwarya Rai, and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Guzaarish that got him noticed. Towering at six foot two, Aditya comes from a very Bollywood inclined family. He is the younger brother of Siddharth Roy Kapur and Kunal Roy Kapur. His sister-in-law is the gorgeous Vidya Balan.
But Aditya became an instant star with Aashiqui 2, in which he starred opposite his rumoured girlfriend, Shraddha Kapoor. After this movie, he has managed to bag some big budget movies and has a slew of releases lined up for this year.
His upcoming movie Daawat-e-Ishq has Parineeti Chopra in the lead. It is a deliciously romantic film coming together of Gulrez "Gullu" Qadir (Parineeti Chopra) a Hyderabadi shoe-sales girl disillusioned with love because of her encounters with dowry-seeking men; and Tariq "Taru" Haidar (Aditya Roy Kapoor) a Lucknawi cook who can charm anybody with the aroma and flavours of his biryani and kebabs.
His next is Fitoor opposite Katrina Kaif, now that'll be one movie to watch out for. Well, let's check out some delicious fun things you would need to know about Aditya Roy Kapur.
He is super addictive to sports and plays football at least 5 times a week.
In both his movies, Action Replay and Guzaarish, the actor is not wearing a wig and sported his natural do as Aditya has got naturally curly hairs. He is famously known as afro haired cutie.
He loves collecting match boxes.
Like any other star he too is conscious about his health and so doesn't smoke.
He is extremely romantic by nature. May be that's what impressed Miss Shraddha Kapoor.
He is a maniac ice cream eater and can east up to half a kilo every night.
Aditya grew up in Mumbai, graduating from St. Xavier's College.
Aditya had no burning ambition to become an actor. He was quite happy with his VJ-ing job with Channel V, he kept at it until he was asked to audition for 2009's musical, London Dreams. His superb sense of humour is what drew Channel V to hire him as a VJ.
Aditya is a careful spender and doesn't like to splurge unwisely. The young actor preferred to invest in a new house and a pair of fancy wheels.
Aditya's father, who chose to serve the Indian army met his to-be-bride on a posting in Kashmir and so Salome Aaron became Salome Roy Kapur.
His mother went onto win the Miss India in '72 (Eve's Weekly) and even acted in a film - Tuhi Meri Zindagi - with none other than Deb Mukherjee (the young director Ayan Mukherjee's father!)
His upcoming films include Assi Nabey Poore Sau, Dawaat-e-Ishq and Fitoor.