- Mollywood Retake: What If Vijay's Sachein Is Remade In Malayalam?
- TOO CUTE TO HANDLE! Genelia D'Souza's Little Special One, Rahyl Turns One!
- So Sweet! Genelia D'souza's Cute Message For Her Son Riaan Will Make Your Weekend!
- I Don't Think Pregnancy Is A Drawback At All: Genelia D'Souza
- Pictures! Riteish Deshmukh Makes Genelia D'souza's Birthday Very Special
- See Here! Genelia D'souza's Newborn Baby Rahyl's First Picture
- Bollywood Celebs Congratulate Riteish & Genelia On Their Second Baby!
- Genelia D'souza Shares Emotional Message On Vilasrao Deshmukh's Birth Anniversary!
- 10 Sweetest Pictures Of Riteish Deshmukh & Genelia D’Souza
- So Sweet! Ritesih Deshmukh Is Showering Love On Wife Genelia D'Souza
- Meet The Parents: Riteish Deshmukh & Genelia D'Souza!
- Genelia D'souza Surprises Riteish Deshmukh With The BEST Gift Ever!
- Welcome To New York Review: Full Throttle Assault On Your Senses!
Actress Genelia D'Sourza Deshmukh was born in a catholic family on August 5, 1097 in Mumbai. The bubbly actress started her career at an early age of 15. Genelia's mother left her job to support her daughter shape up her career. The mom-to-be actress is fondly called as Geenu by her family and is happily married to actor Ritesh Deshmukh.
Earlier, Genelia had refused to be a part of the film Tujhe Meri Kasam, but the director K Vijaya Bhaskar managed to convince her for the film. The actress made her Bollywood debut with the same movie, in which she was paired opposite her debutant Ritesh Deshmukh, who went on becoming her husband.
After making her Bollywood debut in the year 2003, the actress made her Tamil debut with the film Harini. Genelia won the Best Female Debut Award for her first Telugu film Satyam in the same year. After getting recognized in Tamil and Telugu film industry the actress did her second Hindi film Masti in the year 2004, in which she shared the screen space again with Ritesh Deshmukh.
The film Masti received moderate response at the box office, but after her second film in Bollywood the actress was once again busy doing films in South film industry. Genelia, won the Best Actress Award for her Telugu film Bommarillu. After a gap of four year, the actress did her third Hindi film Mere Baap Pehle Aap, in which she was paired against actor Akshay Khanna.
In the same year, her film Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na was released in which Genelia, essayed the role of a bubbly Mumbai girl Aditi. The actress caught audiences' attention for her role in the film. Genelia received three nominations for the same film.
The actress was nominated for Star Screen Best Actress Award, Apsara Best Actress Award and was also received the Stardust Superstar of Tomorrow Award.
On her 27th birthday have a look at her filmy career.
Tujhe Meri Kasam
She made her Bollywood debut with this film and romanced with her husband actor Ritiesh Deshmukh in the film. The film was directed by K Vijaya Bhaskar and produced by Ramoji Rao.
Genelia did her first modeling assignment at the age of 15. The actress did her first commercial for the Parker Pen with megastar Amitabh Bachchan. Genelia worked with veteran cricketer Krishnamachari Srikanth in the Fair & Lovely ad.
Actress received the Best Debut Female Award for her film Satyam. After which she was seen in films like Samba, Sye, Sachein.
Mere Baap Pehle Aap
The actress made her comeback into Hindi cinema after a gap of four years. She was seen opposite actor Akshay Khanna in the film Mere Baap Pehle Aap. It was a family drama directed by Priyadarshan.
The actress was next seen in the film Masti, in which she was paired opposite actor Ritesh Deshmukh. Masti did moderate business at the box office.
Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na
Genelia played the role of a fun loving girl Aditi in the film, which also marked the debut of actor Imran Khan. The actress was nominated for Best Actress Award for this film.
The actress shared the screen space with John Abraham in the film Force. Film was an action thriller directed by Nishikanth Kamat. Force is a remake of hit Tamil film Kaakha Kaakha.
Genelia tied knot with Ritesh Deshmukh in a traditional Maharashtrian style on February 3, 2012. The actress was last seen in the film Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya opposite husband Ritesh Deshmukh which released in the same year.