- Kizie Aur Manny: Sushant Singh Rajput's The Fault In Our Stars Remake Gets A Title, First Look Out!
- Uh Oh! Why Sushant Singh Rajput Opted Out Of Chanda Mama Door Ke?
- Sushant Singh Rajput Purchases Land On The Moon! It's True
- Aamir Khan Sets Trends On Instagram; Aishwarya Rai, Farhan Akhtar & Sushant Singh Rajput Follow!
- Prerna Arora's Shocking Act Creates New Trouble For Sushant Singh Rajput- Sara Ali Khan's Kedarnath!
- Kedarnath: Sushant Singh Rajput-Sara Ali Khan Film Back On Track With Ronnie Screwvala's Entry!
- Son Chiriya: Bhumi Pednekar Brings In Fear With Her Menacing Looks In This Dacoit Drama!
- FINAL! Sushant Singh Rajput To Romance This Newbie In The Hindi Remake Of 'The Fault In Our Stars'
- BACK ON TRACK! Sara Ali Khan's Debut Film Kedarnath Is NOT SHELVED & We Have The Proof
- Kedarnath Controversy! Team Abhishek Kapoor ACCUSES KriAj Entertainment Of Spreading False Rumours
- Kedarnath Director Abhishek Kapoor Accused Of Cheating, Lands In Legal Soup!
- OMG, Is He A Chambal Dacoit? Nope, That's Sushant Singh Rajput's First Look From Son Chiriya!
This trailer launch was a gift to the actor who celebrated his 29th birthday on January 21. Sushant came to the stage in a rickshaw and was wearing a dhoti with a t-shirt and jacket.
Playing the titular role in Dibakar Banerjee's period sleuth film Detective Byomkesh Bakshy was challenging for actor Sushant Singh Rajput. He said that he has worked very hard to get his act right in the movie.
Before doing the film he did his fair share of research on Bengali literature's most loved fictional detective created by Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay.
"I knew that I had the resources and researches. The bottom line was the authority to play the character Byomkesh. I was aware of what not to do on-screen. Filmmaking is all about what we like to do on-screen. We have attempted that in the film. I have worked very hard to perform the character," Sushant said.
The film is set in Kolkata and has been extensively shot in the city besides Mumbai. Sushant said that being a foodie, he had a great time shooting in the City of Joy.
"I am a big foodie so I love all the good food specially mishti dahi. Before I started shooting for the film, I went to Kolkata and learnt few things about the food. After knowing all the stuff from Kolkata I think I am a Bengali now," he said.
The film also stars Bengali actress Swastika Mukherjee, who plays the female lead. The pair have shared a passionate kiss in the movie, which is being touted as the longest kiss ever in a film.
When asked about it, Sushant said, "I have not sat with a watch while doing the scene, so I can't tell you if it was the longest kissing scene. But I can tell you one thing that I didn't know about the kissing scene which I was supposed to shoot. It was a surprise for me.
"Talking about the same Dibakar said, "I am thinking of cutting the kissing scene from the film because just to watch that particular scene people will miss the scene and the dialogues."
Detective Byomkesh Bakshy produced by Yash Raj Films will hit theaters on April 3.
See the pics of trailer launch right here...
Sushant Singh Rajput
Sushant arrived in style to the traielr launch. He came in a hand-drawn rickshaw which is famous in Kolkata. The film is shot extensively in Kolkata.
Director Dibakar Banerjee had earlier in an interview said, "I cast Shushant Singh Rajput to play the lead as he is young and not yet reached his full stardom."
Sushant is trying to impress the director by pulling him in the rickshaw and posing for the shutterbugs.
This one is for all the crazy shutter hogs. he is just posing with the cart.
Sushant Singh is not bored to pose for the cameras. Sushant has played a very different role in the film which will take him to heights in Bollywood.
Trailer launch was organised in Yash Raj studios, Mumbai. It was organised with all the street food attraction of Kolkata. Sushant is trying his hands.
Sushant Singh Rajput poses with a colourful gola. Kolkata is famous for it's street side food attractions. Sushant also admitted that he is a foodie.