- An Emotional Shahrukh Khan Tells Rani Mukerji, His Biggest Hichki Moment Is The Death Of His Parents
- IT'S OFFICIAL! R.Madhavan's Vikram Vedha To Be Remade In Bollywood [READ DETAILS]
- Zero: Katrina Kaif Posts A Picture With 'Birthday Boy' Abhay Deol & It's SUPER CUTE!
- Gauri & Shahrukh Khan TURN HEADS, Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh SLAY At Hello Hall Of Fame Awards
- Not Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge Or Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Shahrukh Says This Is His Most Beautiful Film
- NOT Salman Khan, Imtiaz Ali Feels Shahrukh Khan & Aamir Khan's Collaboration Is Important!
- Ajay Devgn: System Of Blocking Release Dates Is Gone!
- Are You Missing Shahrukh Khan's Son Aryan Khan? Here Are His Latest Pictures For You!
- A TWIST! Not Shahrukh Khan But This Actor To Romance Katrina Kaif In Aanand L Rai's Zero?
- HEART-BREAKING! Shahrukh Khan & Amitabh Bachchan Get Emotional After Attending Sridevi's Funeral
- Farewell Sridevi! Shahrukh Khan, Katrina Kaif, Sonam Kapoor And Others Attend The Funeral
- Money Means Nothing To Me: Shahrukh Khan
- EXCITING NEWS! Salman Khan Pens A Romantic Song For Race 3
Shahrukh khan and Salman Khan have no nominations this year for the upcoming 60th Britannia Filmfare Awards Nominations.
Not only have the actors not got nominated for the Best Actor (Male) category, their films, Happy New Year and Kick respectively too have been lagging in the nomination race.
Abhishek Bachchan got nominated in the Best Actor in Supporting Role (Male) category for his role in Happy New Year and Shreya Ghoshal for Best Singer (Female) for Manwa lage (Happy New Year) and Himesh Reshammiya, Meet Bros Anjjan and Honey Singh got nominated for Best Music Director for Kick.
Apart from these three nominations listed above, both Kick and Happy New Year have not been nominated in any section. We are not saying that they are brilliant movies who deserved nominations over other films but when you look at the nominations it does make you wonder.
Like, Nawazuddin Siddiqui deserved to have been nominated for the Best Actor In Supporting Role category rather than Abhishek Bachchan and if you could nominated Sonam Kapoor for Khoobsurat then probably Salman Khan deserved a chance at the Best Actor In Leading Role nominations as well.
This year's nomination list has been ruled by 2 States, which deserves the recognition but Shahrukh Khan and Salman Khan films being totally ignored is a bit weird.
Salman may be ignored owing to his allergies with award shows but Shahrukh Khan has won over 14 Filmfare awards till date, out of which, he has won the Filmfare Award for Best Actor for Baazigar (1993), Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), Dil To Pagal Hai (1997), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Devdas (2002), Swades (2004), Chak De! India (2007) and My Name Is Khan (2010).
However they have made up for the missing names through Filmfare Glamour and Style Awards where every actor's name who is missing in film awards list has been listed for their glamorous side and style sense.
Salman Khan's Kick and Jai Ho, both have not been nominated. We are not saying these are awesome movies but if Sonam Kapoor got nominated for Khoobsurat, then what was wrong with Salman Khan.
Shahrukh Khan has won 14 Filmfare awards in total yet this year he finds himself missing from the nomination list.
Nawazuddin Siddiqui who did a much better job than Abhishek Bachchan, gets left out in the nominations run for his role in Kick.
Deepika Padukone who starred in Happy New Year also doesn't get nominated instead Sonam Kapoor gets chosen for her role in Khoobsurat.
Randeep Hooda could have got nominated instead of Abhsiehk Bachchan as he did a decent job as well but we find him missing from the nominations probably because he was nominated for Rang Rasiya as possible Best Actor.
Salman, Shahrukh Ignored
All in all there are minimal nominations for Salman Khan and Shahrukh Khan this year, even for their films Kick and Happy New Year to be precise.