- STRANGE LOVE! Mira Rajput Once Threw Hubby Shahid Kapoor Out Of Their House
- Oscars 2018! Aamir Khan Says Sridevi Deserved The Oscars Mention
- Sridevi's Funeral: Rekha Started CRYING After Hugging Janhvi; Deepika Padukone Says Final Goodbye
- Sridevi's DEMISE! Vidya Balan Says My 'Inspiration Is No More'
- Aami Controversy: Here Is What Vidya Balan Has To Say!
- NASTY REMARK! When Shahid Kapoor Compared Kareena Kapoor To A BUFFALO; Took A Shocking Dig At Her
- SHE WAS UPSET! Vidya Balan's Shocking Revelation: Vidhu Vinod Chopra Asked Her To Get Her Nose FIXED
- I Have No Time For A Baby; Each Film I Do Is A New Baby: Vidya Balan
- Tumhari Sulu Proved Married Actresses Can Score A Hit: Vidya Balan
- UNEXPECTED! Did Salman Khan Just BODY-SHAME Vidya Balan With This Comment?
- BUT WHY? I Have Never Been Approached For Any Shahrukh Khan Film: Vidya Balan
- Every Time I Tried Something New, Films Didn't Work: Vidya Balan On Tumhari Sulu Failure
Vidya Balan, one of the most talented Bollywood actresses we have ever seen is celebrating her 37th birthday today. She has been through a lot of ups and downs in life but finally the actress is enjoying her leading lady stature in Bollywood.
Speaking about how 2014 went, Vidya says, "The year had been wonderful. I wouldn't say I was not disappointed that Shaadi Ke Side Effects and Bobby Jasoos didn't do well ... but I'm sure that was how it was meant to be. And in between the two films, I went through a little bit of ill health. I had to take a few months off and opt out of a film (a Sujoy Ghosh project), so that was a tough phase, but the worst is over now and touchwood, I'm feeling very good. I'm shooting for Mohit's (Suri) film now."
The actress gets candid about her childhood birthday moments in an interview with a leading newspaper. She says, "Birthdays were no-fuss affairs. We used to distribute chocolates and get to wear coloured clothes to school. And I remember on New Year's eve at 11:45pm, where we used to stay in Chembur, we'd burn this old man's effigy. It was symbolic of letting go of the old and ushering in the new. So, I used to go there, and then everyone would eventually wish me and I'd distribute chocolates there. So that's something I really cherish."
In spite of her critical acclaim as a talent actress, she has also shown her sensuous, seductive side to the camera. Revealing ample cleavage in photoshoots, the actress has a number of hot photos to her credit.
Check out the top 10 hottest and sensual pictures she has ever shot for...
Vidya started her career as a model, did various commercials before facing rejection from film directors in the initial stage of her career.
She got her first big break in Ekta Kapoor's 1995 hit television sitcom 'Hum Paanch', when she replaced a character.
After a huge gap of almost ten years, she got her big break in Bollywood with Pradeep Sirkar's Parineeta, in which she starred opposite Saif Ali Khan.
No Turning Back
She has established a successful career in Bollywood and is the recipient of several awards, including a National Film Award, five Filmfare Awards, and five Screen Awards, and was awarded the Padma Shri by the Government of India in 2014.
Hits In Films
She obtained a lot of critical acclaim for her work in the 2009 drama Paa, the 2010 black comedy Ishqiya, the 2011 semi-biographical thriller No One Killed Jessica, the 2011 biopic The Dirty Picture, and the 2012 thriller Kahaani.
She received a lot of flak for her fluctuating weight and unappealing dress sense, but later she started to get credited in the media for not trying to morph herself just to fit into any conventional slot.
Born On 1st January
Vidya Balan was born on 1 January 1978 in Poothamkurussy, Puthur, a town in the Palakkad District of Kerala, to P. R. Balan, currently the Executive Vice-President of Digicable, and Saraswathy Balan, a homemaker
Vidya married an Indian business person, film producer and the managing director of Disney India, Siddharth Roy Kapur in 2012, and continued to do films.
Talented And Hot
The actress is one of the most talent actresses present in the industry and her portrayal of the seductive Silk Smitha can never be forgotten.
Vidya Balan turns 37 today and the actress has earned herself the tag of a "female hero" in Bollywood. She always celebrates her birthday with her family and this time too she was seen celebrating it with her hubby.