- Aishwarya Rai Remembers Nelson Mandela On His 100th Birth Anniversary, Shares A Throwback Picture!
- Bank Union: Amitabh Bachchan & Shweta Nanda’s Jewellery Ad Is Disgusting & Derogatory
- Amitabh Bachchan-Shweta Bachchan's First Ad Is Going Viral For All The Emotional Reasons!
- Abhishek Bachchan Looks Super Happy As He Joins Wife Aishwarya & Daughter Aaradhya For A Vacation!
- Amitabh Bachchan’s Kaun Banega Crorepati To Replace Salman Khan’s Dus Ka Dum?
- Remembering Prakash Mehra! The Man Who Gave Bollywood It's First 'Angry Young Man'
- Brahmastra: Nagarjuna To Make His Comeback In Bollywood With This Ranbir-Alia Starrer?
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Amitabh, Abhishek & Shweta Bachchan Witness France's Victory [View Pic]
- Amitabh Bachchan Has A Funny Take On His Family Picture & We Couldn't Agree More!
- Uh Oh! Amitabh Bachchan Was Mistaken For Salman Khan In Glasgow & Twitteratis Aren't Very Amused!
- Ranbir Kapoor Terribly Excited About Brahmastra, Reveals A Shocking Detail About The Film!
- When Amitabh Bachchan Was SLAPPED By A Langur On A Film's Set For Ignoring Him!
Amitabh Bachchan is known as a living legend! No one can match his acting, his personality and his voice and that is what makes him one of the best actors that we have in India today. Even at this age, he has more offers at his doorstep, whether it's for endorsing a brand or for signing a film, than many of the leading stars.
Mr Bachchan, who completed 47 years in the Hindi film industry recently, has proved to the world that age is just a number! There is something about this man which makes him more desirable with every passing day. And even at the age of 72, he is still the unbeatable superstar of Bollywood. So today let's talk about 8 roles of Amitabh Bachchan that every Bollywood actor dreams of enacting and that would be remembered by the generations to come.
Amitabh Bachchan played the fierce lawyer Deepak Sehgal in Aniruddha Roy Chowdhury's Pink. In the movie Amitabh fights for the film's three heroines played by Taapsee Pannu, Kirti Kulhari and Andrea Tariang against a deeply patriarchal and judgmental Indian society. From body language to dialogue delivery, Big B won the hearts with his extraordinary performance in the movie.
Big B has a penchant for getting into the skin of a character and he did the same in Paa. It is one of the best films of Amitabh Bachchan's career. The actor played a 12-year-old child suffering from Progeria in the movie. Well, undoubtedly no actor has the potential to take such a risk in his career and to reinvent himself over and over again as Amitabh Bachchan.
Amitabh Bachchan portrayed an egoistic, self-centric bachelor in Cheeni Kum and nailed it. It was a story of an elderly chef, who falls in love with a 34 year old girl, played by Tabu.
This movie proved why there can't be another Amitabh Bachchan! Black had one of the finest performances by him. He played the role of a teacher who taught a blind, deaf and dumb girl. His character develops Alzheimer's disease later in the movie. No points for guessing that he won a National Award for Black.
Amitabh Bachchan's Agneepath was released in the year 1990 and still each one of us know his famous dialogue from the movie-''Vijay Deenanath Chauhan...poora naam...baap ka naam...''. That's the charisma of Mr Bachchan that from parents to kids everyone is his fan! And not to mention that no one can do this role better than Amitabh even today. (Sorry Hrithik!)
Amitabh Bachchan portrayed the role of a rich guy in Sharaabi who is drunk all the time. But this is not surprising at all but what we are about to tell you will definitely make your jaw drop. Amitabh never drank alcohol in his life and still Sharaabi is known for one of his most memorable performances. (Well, he is AMITABH guys!)
Amitabh Bachchan played a double role in the movie and the way he portrayed both the roles won him critical acclaim. The remake of this movie has already been made and it was a hit too but even then many believe that no one can stand in front of the original Don played by Mr Bachchan.
This is the movie that gave the industry the angry young man of Bollywood, the movie that made Amitabh an overnight star and gave the much needed respect that he deserved as an actor. Indeed, this film was a turning point in the legend's career!
Coming back to the 47 years of his career, on completing 47 years in the industry Amitabh Bachchan said that he is thankful to Mumbai for giving him all that he has today. The actor also shared a photograph from the 1969 film Saat Hindustani, which marked his debut in Bollywood. The film was directed by Khwaja Ahmad Abbas. He wrote, "Goodness me... 47 years in the industry for me.''
Also Read: Secret Meetings & More! What's Cooking Between Salman Khan & Urvashi Rautela?
"47 years of my life in this city of Mumbai that gave me all that I possess now, that engulfed me in its warm and affectionate embrace, nurtured me, protected me, pushed me, kicked me, reprimanded me, raised me to heights and crushed me with my falls, allowed me to make a beginning with the first film in profession," Big B wrote on his blog.