- Priyanka Chopra Spotted Celebrating B'day With Nick Jonas; Madhu Chopra Comments On Their Marriage
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra! Here Are 7 Most Defining Moments That Changed Her Life Forever
- This Game Of Thrones Star Accompanies Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas On A Double Date!
- Priyanka Chopra Dances Her Heart Out; Wraps The Shooting Of 'Isn't It Romantic' In Style!
- Priyanka Chopra Talks About Her Boyfriend Nick Jonas; Says They Are Getting To Know Each Other!
- BREAKING! Priyanka Chopra Will Be Getting MARRIED To Nick Jonas Soon; Drops A Major Hint On Wedding!
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan & Priyanka Chopra In No Mood To PATCH UP; Their Latest Move Hints So!
- Nirbhaya Case: Priyanka Chopra, Anushka Sharma & Others Hail The Supreme Court's Verdict!
- This Actor Played Cupid In Priyanka Chopra- Nick Jonas' Love Story; Asks If They Are Happy Together!
- Priyanka Chopra Announces Her Next Bollywood Film After Bharat; Can You Guess The Name?
- Priyanka Chopra's Mother Madhu Chopra Responds To The BMC's Illegal Construction Notice!
- Adorable! Priyanka Chopra Goes On A Date With Nick Jonas & Patiently Poses For Fan Selfies Instead
For over more than 10 decades, innumerable and exceptional actresses have graced the silver screen of Bollywood. They have mesmerized the audiences with their grace, beauty, fortitude, emotions and artistry. After proving their mettle in singing and dancing skills, heroines have picked up action based roles and justified them quite well...
Vijay Shanti, also famously called as 'Lady Amitabh' of those times (80s and 90s), who played cop in a series of movies, made it possible for us to believe in lady power on-screen, not in the realistic sense though. But today's glam girls play characters that mean business, and take on some serious action roles head on.
Handling action scenes in the same frame as the hero, is the new refined trend in action cinemas of today.
Be it Priyanka Chopra in Mary Kom, Shilpa Shetty in Dus, or Deepika Padukone in Chandni Chowk to China, Anushka Sharma in NH10 and the most recent Sultan, Ritika Singh in Saala Khadoos, they have shown what it takes to do such action-based movies and get accolades from the audience.
When it comes to training for the role, one should appreciate how far and beyond these bollywood beauties go to achieve authenticity, the look, the body and what not. Despite injuries, and the risk factor heroines of today have proved that they are no less than our heroes in delivering the action scenes.
Way to go girls!!!
Top actresses of today in hard-core action movies.
Priyanka Chopra - Jai Gangaajal
In a sequel of Gangaajal, which starred intense action hero Ajay Devgan, Priyanka sure did have a task in her hands to prove. Although, it seemed her role was cut short, she made us believe that she had it all to potray a strong, stern police officer.
Aishwarya Rai-Jodha Akbar
One can never forget the famous sword-fight of Aishwarya Rai with Hrithik Roshan in this movie for which she trained for 45 days to master the art. Not to forget are her daring action scenes for Dhoom2, Robot and Raavan.
Sonakshi Sinha - Akira
The yet to be released movie debuts Sonakshi Sinha as an action girl in the block. It's supposedly a pure women-centric film. Surely, we would all love to see whats in store for us!
Deepika Padukone - Chandni Chowk to China, Bajirao Mastani
Pretty, tall, strong, atheletic Deepika Padukone has proved time and again, that she is just not a brilliant actress, a graceful dancer but also a strong contender in delivering action sequences. From martial arts skills in Chandni Chowk to China, to talwar-baazi in Bajirao Mastani, all lead to rewarding her meaty action role in an hollywood film XXX. A true thumbs up!!
Madhuri Dixit - Gulaab Gang
Ever known for her dancing moves, her acting and her infectious smile, Madhuri proved even she could do action, by taking this real-life character, Sampat Pal Devi, the leader of a strong woman activist gang which fights for girls' education and autonomy.
Kangana Ranaut - Krrish 3
Kangana Ranaut's role in Krrish 3 was that of a mutant, seemed physically challenging with some unreal action scenes, for which she got trained by a famous Chinese action director. However tough the action was though, she delivered it, right guys?
Shilpa Shetty - Dus
A 2005 action spy thriller, Shilpa Shetty a.k.a Aditi Kumar stepped into the role of being a member in the elite Anti-Terrorist Cell (ATC) fighting terrorists with her brains, guns and a whole lot of guts! Hmmm...
Jacqueline - Race 2
Theleggy lass impressed her fans in doing some serious action, from fencing to back flips to hard-core stunts in the film, fulfilling her dream of doing action roles.
Taapsee Pannu - Baby
The girl-next-door Taapsee's action scene in which she brings down Shushanth Singh, is arguably the most authentic stunt scene ever filmed on a Bollywood female actor, one can say.
Katrina Kaif - Bang Bang
Stunning Katrina Kaif did some hard-core action in this film, pushing herself to extents, doing some extreme stunts such as seabobing. Appreciable!!