- Anand Mahindra Tweets A Heartwarming Message For Sonali Bendre!
- Sonali Bendre Battles Cancer; Shares Her Way Of Dealing With This Journey In An Emotional Post!
- India’s Best Dramebaaz’s Judges Omung Kumar & Vivek Oberoi Call Sonali Bendre, A Fighter!
- Akshay Kumar Visits Sonali Bendre After Getting To Know She's Diagnosed With High-Grade Cancer!
- Sonali Bendre Diagnosed With High-grade Cancer; TV Celebrities Wish Her A Speedy Recovery!
- Worrisome: After Irrfan Khan, Sonali Bendre Diagnosed With High-grade Cancer!
Boys were crazy for Sonali Bendre in the 90's. She was one of the most famous models of her time. Later, she tried her luck in Bollywood and did many films with superstars like Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan and Aamir Khan.
Here are some beautiful modelling days pictures of Sonali Bendre which will make you understand why she was so popular. Click on VIEW PHOTOS to go through all the slides.
Not many people are aware of Sonali Bendre's humble background and how she got into modelling. In an interview to TOI Sonali Bendre revelaed, ''I am a Maharashtrian but was not brought up in Maharashtra as my father worked in CPWD and was transferred every two years. So I have always been a gypsy.''
Also Read: Post Break-up With Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif To Get Married Soon!
She further added, ''We moved to Mumbai after my Class X, where I joined Ruia College. In one of the fashion shows, the girl who had to walk could not make it and I was asked to step in. I had never worn heels in my life before that, but got the first prize and started getting modelling assignments. That's where I got spotted by Bhatt sahab. I come from a background, where there would be one mirror above the basin that was used by everyone in the house.''
''If you spent more than five minutes in front of the mirror, you would probably get a whack. My mother was so strict that if anyone complimented me for being pretty, she would not encourage that discussion. My mother was always clear about one thing - that her daughters will not be housewives, '' Sonali Bendre added.