- Mira Rajput's Baby Shower Pics: From Lemon Cake To Hubby Shahid Kapoor's Cute Antics!
- Shahid Kapoor & Mira Rajput Celebrate Their 3rd Wedding Anniversary: A Look At Their Love Story
- Shahid Kapoor Backs Out From Performing At The IIFA Awards 2018, Here's Why!
- Vijay Deverakonda Comments On Shahid Kapoor And Dhruv Doing The Arjun Reddy Remakes
- Man In Anushka Sharma & Virat Kohli's Video Has Worked With Shahrukh Khan & Madhuri Dixit!
- Does Bobby Deol Hold A Grudge Against Imtiaz Ali For Replacing Him With Shahid Kapoor In A Film?
- Bhushan Kumar's T-Series & Prernaa Arora's KriAj Settle Hatchet Over Shahid's Batti Gul Meter Chalu?
- Shahid Kapoor BOWS Out Of Imtiaz Ali's Next Film, Rajkummar Rao To Replace Him?
- Arjun Reddy Hindi Remake: Tara Sutaria To Play Shahid Kapoor's Girlfriend In The Film?
- Arjun Reddy Hindi Remake: Shahid Kapoor Is Having 'Dark Thoughts' & This Picture Is A Proof!
- Sonam Kapoor's Wedding Party: Ranbir-Katrina, Salman-Aishwarya & Other B-Town Exes Under A Roof!
- Arjun Reddy Remake: Why Is Shahid Kapoor Refraining From Confirming That He's Doing The Film?
This morning we woke up to one of the most awaited trailers of 2017. Yes, we are talking about Vishal Bhardwaj's Rangoon that's been the talk of the town ever since it hit the shooting floors.
While we have been playing it on the loop to soak in the bygone era, here are seven reasons why you should bookmark this film as a must-watch for the month of February...
1. Stellar Cast
Shahid Kapoor is one of the young talents who is striking a perfect balance between content-driven films and commercial potboilers. People who thought of him as a chocolate-boy hero at the initial years of his career were in for a huge surprise when he displayed his acting prowess in films like Kaminey, Haider and Udta Punjab. Saif Ali Khan's last few releases may not have struck gold at the box office. But, that doesn't make him short of being a cinematic treat to watch on the big screen. Last but not the least, the lady who needs no introduction- Kangana Ranaut!
The powerhouse trio backed by a terrific supporting cast makes this film a must-watch!
2. Backdrop Of The Film
Making a period film isn't a cakewalk. One needs to pay extra attention to the fine detailing to maintain the authenticity of the period in which the story is based. Going by the first glimpse of the trailer, director Vishal Bhardwaj has managed to tick off all the boxes in the checklist and we are left mighty impressed! Who must have thought that a Bollywood film based in the times of World War II could look so cool!
3. Interesting Dialogues
History can be boring even if it's based in the fictional world. But, when you have a maverick director like Vishal Bhardwaj holding the reins, be sure that there's some going to be some witty word-play to keep you engaged. The dialogues of Rangoon seem to be perfect blend of humour, passion and intensity. And yes, special mention for the background score too!
4. Kangana Ranaut As Miss Julia
Looks like yet another award-winning performance by Kangana Ranaut is in store. She is at her feisty best and her character seems to be loosely inspired by Fearless Nadia, actress and a stuntwoman who was one of India's first female lead and Noor Inayat Khan, the spy who worked for the Allied forces during World War II. Watch out for the scene in the trailer where the ‘Toofan Ki Beti' says ‘Bloody Hell' in a totally badass way!
5. Epic War Scenes
The moment you dig into the trailer of Rangoon, you get to see some fantastical shot war scenes. Let's keep our fingers crossed that we get to see some more much stuff in the film.
6. Kangana’s Sensuous Chemistry With Shahid And Saif
What's love without passion and madness? The trailer already gave us a peek of some intensely passionate moments between Shahid and Kangana. The duo even get dirty in the middle of mud. Too hot to handle, isn't it! Yes, there is even Saif to complete the love triangle in the film.
7. Vishal Bhardwaj Collaborating With Shahid And Saif
Vishal had teamed up with Saif for Omkara. Whereas, Shahid had been a part of his films Kaminey and Haider. This is for the first time that the director has roped in these two actors together for a film. ‘Two' much fun!
24th February...please arrive soon! We just can't wait to watch Rangoon.