- 27 Years Of Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin: Pooja Bhatt Reveals She Changed Outfits In A Fisherwoman’s Hut
- Aamir Khan & Karan Johar To Come Together For Osho Biopic?
- After Sanju, Ranbir Kapoor To Sign Another Movie With Rajkumar Hirani?
- Aamir Khan Called Rani Mukerji A 'Buddhi' After Watching Hichki & Here's How She Reacted!
- SANJU EFFECT: Aamir Khan Asked Sanjay Dutt To Meet Him Immediately & They Ended Up CRYING TOGETHER
- Sanju: Manisha Koirala Takes A Sly Dig At Salman, Shahrukh & Aamir Khan While Praising Ranbir Kapoor
- Sanju Diaries: Rajkumar Hirani Compares Ranbir Kapoor With Aamir Khan & His Observation Is Pure Gold
- 'Don't You Have Clothes To Wear?' Sunny Leone, Daniel Weber TROLLED For Posting 'Inappropriate' Pics
- Friendship With Salman Khan In Trouble? Aamir Khan Wants To Help Ranbir Kapoor But On One Condition
- FLASHBACK DIARY: Shahrukh Khan Tries To KISS Rival Aamir Khan, While He Looks UNINTERESTED [Picture]
- Aamir Khan Appreciates The Test Case, Ekta Kapoor Says ‘I’m Officially In Heaven’
- Shahrukh Khan Starrer Rakesh Sharma Biopic Salute Gets Delayed?
Yash Chopra's Darr is synonymnous with Shahrukh Khan's 'K.K..Kiran' act. In fact, the actor even stole away the limelight from Sunny Deol who was the 'hero' of the film.
But do you folks know that Aamir Khan was supposed to do this film? Yes, you heard it right. It was said that the actor opted out of Darr but shockingly years later in an interview, Aamir revealed that the makers threw him out of the film. Well, that comes across as a huge shock considering he is known to be 'Mr Perfectionalist' in Bollywood today.
So what exactly went wrong? The answer lies in this interview dating back to 1994...
The Real Reason Why Aamir Khan Was Removed From 'Darr'
"I did not walk out of Darr. I was removed from the film. Two, I was removed from the film because I asked for a joint narration with Sunny Deol. Initially, the director agreed, but later I don't know why he changed his mind. When I persisted, he phoned to say 'Aamir, let's work some other time.' So I said, 'Fine'.
Aamir Was Sure That Darr Would Work At The Box Office
"That the film was going to become a big hit is something I had expected. In fact, that's the reason I signed it. "
Then Why Was He Relieved To Be Out Of Darr?
"When I said yes to Darr, I was absolutely sure of two things - one that the film was going to click and two, that I was going to enjoy doing the role. My doubts about my enjoying it, surfaced when the director refused to give a joint narration. In a way I was relieved when I was finally out of the film, because this was better than suffering all through its shooting. If I felt sad, it was about my missing out on a very good role."
He Vowed That He Would Never Work With Yash Chopra
"I'll never work with him. Not after this incident. Our styles of working are different."
Sunny Deol Too Had Echoed A Similar Sentiment
Reportedly Sunny was given a choice by Yash Chopra to play either Rahul Malhotra or Sunil Mehra in the film. As expected, he gave his nod for the positive role. However, post watching the film he felt that the Chopras didn't play it fair and allowed SRK to steal away from the limelight from him. This didn't go down well with Sunny and years later in an interview he declared, "I'll never work with Yash Chopra again. He isn't a man of his words. I don't have good memories about him, he betrayed my faith in him."
Was Aamir Envious Of Shahrukh Khan's Success?
"I would if I did not get the response I do from my audience. I don't think the audience respects me any less than it does Shahrukh. That he has had two blockbusters in a row, which is what Anil (Kapoor) had after Tezaab and later Salman (Khan), does not become a barometer for any star's popularity."
He Felt SRK's Success Was No Big Deal
"Something more long term than two hits. The current mass hysteria for Shah Rukh was inevitable. They do that to every hero after a successful release. I enjoyed it too after Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, after Dil, after Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke. These waves come in everytime there's a hit. It's no big deal!! "
Aamir On Juhi Chawla Being Termed A Better Pair With Shahrukh'
"That's because she's doing films with Shah Rukh and not with me."
On Ghost-Directing Films
"Sorry boss, I have no energy to direct films for others. When I direct, it will be for myself."
Aamir Khan and SRK would never fail to take digs at each other in their younger days. Now that they both are superstars, things seem to be changing. In fact, a few months back the duo clicked their first picture together in 25 years!
So what next? A feature film together maybe! What do you have guys think about this?