- Aamir Khan Called Rani Mukerji A 'Buddhi' After Watching Hichki & Here's How She Reacted!
- Akash Ambani's Engagement: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Rani Mukerji, Ranbir-Alia & Others Spotted [PICS]
- Preity Zinta Shares A Throwback Picture From Goa & Wants Salman Khan To Remember It!
- Preity Zinta Reveals Who's Too ARROGANT - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Kareena Kapoor Or Rani Mukerji!
- Rani Mukerji's Hichki To Be Screened At Shanghai Film Festival
- Sonam Kapoor & Anand Ahuja Are Married Now! INSIDE PICS Of Celebs From The Wedding Are Unmissable
- INSIDE PHOTOS From Sonam Kapoor's Mehendi: Rani Mukerji Joins The Squad; Anand Ahuja Caught BLUSHING
- Rani Mukerji Gives Her Two Cents About Feminism, Says Individual Identity Is Everything!
- INTERVIEW! Rani Mukerji: I Look Up To Shahrukh, Salman And Aamir Khan & Will Do Anything For Them!
- Rani Mukerji: I Felt What True Love Is After Giving Birth To Adira!
- Rani Mukerji Talks About Hichki's Success: I Am Happy You Accepted Me With Open Arms
- Reaction To Hichki Is Truly Humbling, Says Producer Maneesh Sharma
Back in those days, rumours were rife that Abhishek Bachchan was in a serious relationship with Rani Mukerji and the duo also wanted to tie the knot. However, it was reported that Abhishek's mom, Jaya Bachchan wasn't much pleased with their relationship, hence didn't gave her nod for their wedding!
For some reasons, Abhishek didn't continue his relationship with Rani and the duo called it quits! We have come across an old Filmfare interview of Rani Mukerji, in which she had talked about her equation with Abhishek's wife, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and also revealed what went wrong between her and Abhishek!
Rani On Abhishek
When Rani was asked, what went wrong with her friendship with Abhishek Bachchan and
whether she is upset about the fact that she wasn't invited for the marriage, here's what Rani had told:
"Only Abhishek can throw light on that. The truth is that if a person chooses not to invite you to their wedding, you realise where you stand with the person. You may be deluded and think you are friends but maybe the friendship was only restricted to being co-stars on the sets."
We Were Only Co-stars, Not Friends
She had further added, "It doesn't matter. It became very clear and evident that we were only co-actors and not friends. Moreover inviting someone to a wedding is a personal choice. Tomorrow when I decide to get married, I will choose the handful of people I want to invite. A lot has been blown out of proportion. Poor guy has been married for many years, we should all move on. I will always have fond memories of working with him."
Rani On Her Equation With Aishwarya
"We are always civil to each other. If I see her, I'll definitely wish her. She's a fabulous actor from my generation,"had replied Rani.
Ever since, Rani Mukerji had replaced Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in Shahrukh Khan starrer Chalte Chalte, it has been said that the duo was never on good terms with each other!
Rani On The Favourite Actress From Her Generation
"From my generation, Aishwarya and Preity Zinta. Preity and I have done the maximum number of films together and the press tried to pit us against each other as well. Though she came later, I adore Bebo (Kareena Kapoor)."
Rani & Abhishek's Films
Coming back to Rani & Abhishek, the duo has done many films including Bunty Aur Babli, Yuva, Laaga Chunari Mei Daag, Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna and Bas Itna Sa Khwaab Hai.
When Fans Wanted Abhishek & Rani To Be A Couple
Their fans thought that the history would repeat in the Bachchan clan with Rani becoming the short bahu for the tall Jr. Bachchan just like Jaya for Big B.
As the saying goes, relationship in Bollywood, changes at the drop of a hat; Abhishek moved on to choose Aishwarya as his wife, while Rani found solace in Aditya Chopra's arms!
Rani Mukerji who constantly denied her relationship with YRF head honcho, Aditya Chopra, finally tied knot with him in 2014 and that too in a destination wedding!
Now, Rani & Aditya are proud parents of their baby girl, Adira. On the other side, Abhishek & Aishwarya too are blessed with a girl, Aaradhya Bachchan!