- Ganapati Darshan: A Panicked Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Tries To Protect Aaradhya From The Crowd Around
- Taimur Has More Confidence Than Aaradhya: Trollers Target Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Again!
- Salman Khan's Ex Somy Ali Had Called Vivek Oberoi Insecure When He Was Dating Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Why Did Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Skip Ganesh Chaturthi Celebrations? Is Shweta Bachchan The Reason?
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Wants To Give A Normal Upbringing To Aaradhya Reveals Abhishek Bachchan
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Pays A Heavy Price For Delivering ONLY FLOPS; Gets Ousted From Woh Koun Thi
- WIFT Awards: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan & Her Daughter Aaradhya Steal The Show; See Photos!
- OUCH! Did Shweta Bachchan-Karisma Kapoor's BONDING Make Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Very UNCOMFORTABLE?
- What Left Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Teary-eyed At A Recent Event? You'll Be Amazed To Know The Reason!
- Was Salman The Reason? Aishwarya Rai Was In A Turbulent Stage Earlier, Marriage Made Her Calmer: SLB
- Abhishek Bachchan Says Jaya Bachchan Was A Strict Mother; Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Is A One-woman Army
- Abhishek Bachchan SNUBS Karisma Kapoor In Front Of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan; Shweta Bachchan Hugs Her!
24 years ago, Sushmita Sen made India proud, when she bagged the coveted title of 'Miss Universe' in Philippines on May 21. At the time she won, Sushmita was just 18. Interestingly, there was a tie between Sushmita and Aishwarya Rai (Bachchan) and later in the tie-breaker round, Sush beat Aish with 0.2 points and Aishwarya was was crowned the runner-up in the contest.
After the beauty pageant, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan shared her experience to India Today and also revealed why she cried after losing the title to Sushmita Sen and her reply will surely win your heart.
What Made Aishwarya Emotional?
Speaking of her experience on stage during the final round, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan said, "It has been a brilliant year for India. That's what I felt on stage. Backstage, after we went into the top 10, then top five, we felt really good for our countries."
‘India, We Did It’
"Some girls were already getting tearful. But I was just happy. Well, normally girls cry, but I don't. Though I did later on stage when they made the announcement, it was such an emotional moment. I felt, 'India, we did it'."
Aishwarya On Sushmita
"We really weren't expecting it as we already had a title this year. But the media did have their expectations. The Miss India contest was very narrow between Sushmita and me and so they thought if she could get Miss Universe, I could bag Miss World."
"I expect it to be a wonderful year and I suppose, like Lisa, last year's winner, said, 'I would grow up a lot. It is a lifetime within a life'."
Aishwarya Won $80000 & Prizes As Well
Speaking about what she would do with the money, Aishwarya said, "It does seem a lot, especially when converted. But I'll have to think about it. I can't answer you now, it is all too soon."
Aishwarya On Receiving The Film Offers
She confirmed it by saying, "Yes, several, but I haven't accepted any." She further added, "My life was taking its own course and I didn't want to jump from one bandwagon to another. There were so many modelling assignments."
Here’s What Stopped Aish From Signing Any Movie
"I had so many commitments. I had to complete this phase of my life. I have been in it for only two years. Winning this competition has brought in lots of offers but the association handles that."
Aish Answers If She Finds All The Glamour And Glitz Associated With Being Miss World Intimidating...
She replied by saying, "No. Probably my past experience as a model has helped me deal with the media, so I can cope, but what is exciting is the thought of travelling and doing something fruitful out of it all."