- Atal Bihari Vajpayee's Demise: Shahrukh Khan Reminisces How He Used To Discuss Ailing Knees With Him
- RIP Atal Bihari Vajpayee: When Aishwarya Rai, SRK, Big B & Others Shared The Stage With The Leader
- Salman Khan, Ranveer Singh, Sonam Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan Wish Everyone A Happy Independence Day
- Amitabh Bachchan Pens Down A Heart-wrenching Note After The Demise Of Rajan Nanda
- Amitabh Bachchan Heads To India From Bulgaria; Shweta Bachchan Nanda's Father-in-law Passes Away!
- Happy B'day Manish Paul! Less Known Facts About B'day Boy That'll Surprise You!
- Ranbir Kapoor & Amitabh Bachchan Watch Mission Impossible: Fallout In Bulgaria!
- Why Amitabh Bachchan Exploded On Jaya Bachchan When Karan Thapar Asked Him About Rekha?
- Thugs Of Hindostan: Want To Own 2-Lakh Kilo Ships From The Aamir Khan Starrer? Here's Your Chance!
- Amitabh Bachchan-Taapsee Pannu Starrer Badla Gets A Release Date!
- Thugs Of Hindostan: Two Ships Weighing 2 Lakh Kilos Built For Aamir Khan & Amitabh Bachchan Starrer
- Aishwarya Rai Remembers Nelson Mandela On His 100th Birth Anniversary, Shares A Throwback Picture!
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Abhishek Bachchan become proud parents of a cute little girl on June 21, 2011. But just before Aaradhya's birth, many stories started doing the rounds which claimed that Amitabh Bachchan was trying to control the media on news related to Aish pregnancy and delivery. Was it true? Keep reading to find out.
A report in Mumbai Mirror stated, ''An internal memo dated November 5, 2011, and circulated by the Broadcast Editors' Association to television journalists lists ten points that will govern their coverage of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan giving birth to her first child.''
The Guidelines On Aishwarya's Delivery Coverage Were
''No per-coverage of the event will take place and Story of the birth of the baby to run only after, and on the basis of, official announcement.''
No Cameras Allowed
‘'No camera or OB vans at hospital or any other location (like the Bachchans' homes Pratiksha or Jalsa) would be allowed.''
Amitabh's Reaction After Knowing That Media Will Not Follow Aish's Pregnancy
Senior Bachchan squashed all rumours and posted on Twitter, ''"HaHa ! Print Mid-Day asking if I have told I & B ministry to block media news of Aishwarya's delivery! Absolute rubbish! Good try!''
No Such Intentions
‘'Firstly, I have no such intention ever; secondly do you really think I & B would listen to me!?? No way baby!"
A Journalist Told Amitabh Bachchan
He added, "Apparently, media has been told by I & B to not have OB Vans outside hospitals! That news came to me via a journalist.. so someone putting two and two together and making it Bachchan... Ha ha ha !!''
All TV News Decided Not To Follow Aishwarya's Delivery
''And the message from the journalist of electronic stated: "To respect your family's privacy n women's dignity all TV news networks decided not to follow Aishwarya's pregnancy or delivery.''
Not A Single News On The Birth Of Aishwarya's Baby
‘'Not a single line news till official announcement. No camera's and OBs will be stationed at your place or hospital. Regards .."
These Allegations Are Completely False
Big B posted, ‘'So who does one believe? The self-proclaimed etiquette and decency of the electronic, or the dictat of the I&B Ministry?? BUT ..!! No worries! Every other day some ridiculous, malicious and completely false allegations are thrown at me! Smiley!''
‘'Some media took offense to my earlier tweets on the whole I&B matter and OB Vans .. sorted it out .. said sorry, they misunderstood ! PHEW!! Relieved that media understood what I was saying ..and all is well in the States of the Four !!.'' (sic)
Why I & B Decided Not To Cover News On Aishwarya's Pregnancy
As per a daily, one of Amitabh Bachchan's blog postings forced the broadcast media to issue such guidelines. It read, ''The entire day and afternoon has been spent in laughing among ourselves and ROTF (Rolling On the Floor) on the ridiculous time and attention being given in the electronic media on the birthday of Aishwarya...all of which is completely and entirely made up.'' (sic)
Finally, after the birth of Aaradhya, Amitabh Bachchan himself shared the news with his fans and wrote, ''I AM DADA to the cutest baby girl!!"