- Namaste England Director Vipul Shah Diagnosed With Dengue & Typhoid!
- Anurag Basu Reacts To Reports About Arjun Kapoor & Kareena Kapoor Khan In 'Life In A Metro' Sequel!
- Rajkummar Rao To Star In Anurag Basu's Life In A Metro 2?
- Varun Dhawan & Anushka Sharma Blame These Two Actors For Spreading Rumours About Them!
- Ranbir Kapoor & Arjun Kapoor To Star In Life In A Metro 2?
- Dhadak Celebs Review: From Madhuri Dixit To Arjun Kapoor, Everyone's In Awe Of Janhvi-Ishaan's Act
- Arjun Kapoor Is Counting Hours For Janhvi Kapoor's Dhadak Release! View Picture
- Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor & Others Go Into A Frenzy As France Beats Croatia At FIFA World Cup 2018
- Is There A RIFT Between The Two? Arjun Kapoor To Miss Jahnvi Kapoor's Dhadak Screening!
- Arjun Kapoor On Janhvi & Khushi: They’re Very Nice, Sensible Kids, Maybe More Than Me, Too
- Arjun Kapoor Opens Up About His Marriage Plans After His Grandma Threatens Him To Get Hitched Soon!
- Arjun Kapoor: Jhanvi Kapoor & Ishaan Khatter's Dhadak Reminds Me Of Ishaqzaade Days!
Bollywood thespian Sridevi passed away in Dubai On Saturday at the age of 54. She suffered from a cardiac arrest. Sridevi's husband Boney Kapoor was with her in her last moments.
After hearing the news of Sridevi's demise, Arjun Kapoor, who was shooting for Namastey England with Parineeti Chopra in Amritsar, rushed to Mumbai to be with his family. A lot has been written about Arjun Kapoor's relationship with Sridevi. But in a TV interview, Arjun had revealed that he always respected the Bollywood icon.
When asked if he held anything against Sridevi. he had stated, "I am sure I've had various degrees of emotions against her (Sridevi) and him (Boney Kapoor). I only look forward. I try make it a point not to dwell on what could have, what should have."
A Cordial Relationship
‘'It's very cordial. I respect anybody in my father's life the same way because he would expect me to do that. So I respect her and don't wish ill towards anyone. That's how I follow."
I Have Never Sat Down Face To Face With Her
When asked about Sridevi's role in building Arjun's career, he said, "I've never sat down face to face with her and had a chat about how she liked my work or is she following.''
I Am Sure She Is Following My Work
‘'I am sure she is, but we never had like... I am sure I've spoken to you more in this interview than I might have about my work with her.''
There Is An Understanding
''You know it's one of those, there is a decent understanding, understanding of two people to maintain a certain equation because we love a certain man who is in between both of us, as simple as that."
Jhanvi Kapoor lost her mother Sridevi before she made her Bollywood debut with Karan Johar's Dhadak similar to Arjun Kapoor's mother Mona Shourie who passed away on March 25, 2012, two months before his debut movie Ishaqzaade released.
Never Take Your Parents For Granted
Arjun had told a daily, ''There's no respite from the death of a mother. I always tell people that you are allowed to take your parents for granted to a certain degree but don't underestimate the power of having them around.''
Life Without The Parents
He added, ''They are your backbone. You think it's there but imagine one day it cracks -- you are bound to fall. I have lived my life balancing without a backbone for the last 5 years."