- Kriti Sanon All Set To Play Parvatibai In Panipat! Read Details
- Panipat TEASER POSTER! Sanjay Dutt, Arjun Kapoor & Kriti Sanon To Star In Ashutosh Gowariker's Next
- Mumbai HC Refuses Interim Relief To Ranveer Singh & Arjun Kapoor In AIB Event Row
- Sridevi's Demise! Arjun Kapoor To Do UNTHINKABLE For Janhvi Kapoor While She's SNAPPED On Dhadak Set
- Sridevi's Demise: Despite HURT Arjun Kapoor Turns Supportive For Step-Sisters Janhvi & Khushi Kapoor
- LAST JOURNEY PICTURES! Sridevi Dressed Up As A Beautiful Bride In A Red Saree; Live Update
- Arjun Kapoor, Karan Johar & Others Rush To Console Janhvi & Khushi Kapoor After Sridevi's Death!
- Katrina Kaif & Ranveer Singh Give A Thumbs Up To Vipul Shah's Namaste England!
- Arjun Kapoor & Parineeti Chopra's Namastey England To Kickstart In Amritsar!
- Arjun, Manish, Khushi & Others Attend Mohit Marwah & Antra Motiwala's Pre-wedding Ceremony! Pictures
- SHOCKING! Parineeti Chopra Admits That She Can Even KILL For This Person
- Arjun Kapoor: Ranveer Singh And I Have A BIG ISSUE Between Us; Ranbir Kapoor And I CAN’T BE Friends
- Can Padma Shri Awardees Receive State Funeral? Read Details
Bollywood thespian Sridevi passed away in Dubai On Saturday at the age of 54. She suffered from a cardiac arrest. Sridevi's husband Boney Kapoor was with her in her last moments.
After hearing the news of Sridevi's demise, Arjun Kapoor, who was shooting for Namastey England with Parineeti Chopra in Amritsar, rushed to Mumbai to be with his family. A lot has been written about Arjun Kapoor's relationship with Sridevi. But in a TV interview, Arjun had revealed that he always respected the Bollywood icon.
When asked if he held anything against Sridevi. he had stated, "I am sure I've had various degrees of emotions against her (Sridevi) and him (Boney Kapoor). I only look forward. I try make it a point not to dwell on what could have, what should have."
A Cordial Relationship
‘'It's very cordial. I respect anybody in my father's life the same way because he would expect me to do that. So I respect her and don't wish ill towards anyone. That's how I follow."
I Have Never Sat Down Face To Face With Her
When asked about Sridevi's role in building Arjun's career, he said, "I've never sat down face to face with her and had a chat about how she liked my work or is she following.''
I Am Sure She Is Following My Work
‘'I am sure she is, but we never had like... I am sure I've spoken to you more in this interview than I might have about my work with her.''
There Is An Understanding
''You know it's one of those, there is a decent understanding, understanding of two people to maintain a certain equation because we love a certain man who is in between both of us, as simple as that."
Jhanvi Kapoor lost her mother Sridevi before she made her Bollywood debut with Karan Johar's Dhadak similar to Arjun Kapoor's mother Mona Shourie who passed away on March 25, 2012, two months before his debut movie Ishaqzaade released.
Never Take Your Parents For Granted
Arjun had told a daily, ''There's no respite from the death of a mother. I always tell people that you are allowed to take your parents for granted to a certain degree but don't underestimate the power of having them around.''
Life Without The Parents
He added, ''They are your backbone. You think it's there but imagine one day it cracks -- you are bound to fall. I have lived my life balancing without a backbone for the last 5 years."