- Ranbir Kapoor's Sanju Wins 4 Awards At The Indian Film Festival Of Melbourne!
- Rajkumar Hirani On Sanju: If We Had To Whitewash Anyone, We Would Have Made Sanjay Mahatma Gandhi
- Indian Film Festival Of Melbourne 2018 Winners List: Rajkumar Hirani & Rani Mukerji Win Big
- Rani Mukerji, Vicky Kaushal, Rajkumar Hirani Kickstart The Indian Film Festival Of Melbourne, Pics!
- Akshay Kumar Says Biopics Should Be Made On Real Heroes, Not Reel; Is That A Jibe At Ranbir's Sanju?
- Rishi Kapoor LASHES Out At Anurag Basu Again, Questions His Ability!
- Gangster Abu Salem Threatens Sanju Makers; Claims He Never Met Sanjay Dutt & Supplied Arms To Him
- Did Rajkumar Hirani Convince Aamir Khan To Produce Gulshan Kumar Biopic?
- Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster 3 Box Office Prediction: Sanjay Dutt Starrer Might Have A Decent Opening!
- Sanju: Rajkumar Hirani Reveals What Attracted Him To Make A Biopic On Sanjay Dutt’s Life
- Sanjay Dutt Annoyed With The Media Again? Walks Out Of A Media Interaction Angrily!
- Sanjay Dutt Reveals Why His Failed Marriages With Rhea Pillai & Richa Sharma Are Not Shown In Sanju!
The year 2018 has been a mixed bag for the Hindi film industry. While some films scored big numbers at the box office and created new records of sorts, few failed to mint money but still managed to win the audience's hearts. Here, we take you through some of the best Bollywood films of 2018 so far.
Rajkumar Hirani's biopic on Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt had Ranbir Kapoor stepping into the 'Khalnayak's shoes on-screen. The film hit the big screens on June 29, 2018. Right from Dutt's mannerisms to getting the emotions right, the Kapoor lad hit the ball straight out the park. Well, we already see many awards in his kitty this year. Ranveer Singh, are you listening?
Anurag Kashyap's Mukkabaaz packed quite a punch at the beginning of the year when it released on January 12, 2018. The filmmaker who is generally associated with dark, gritty films picked up a thought-provoking concept and presented it in a lighter vein. The lead pair- Vineet Kumar and Zoya Hussain won over the audience's hearts with their sincere act.
Sanjay Leela Bhansali's magnum opus may be titled Padmaavat, but it was Ranveer Singh's menacing act as Alauddin Khilji which stayed back with the audience for a long time in this flick which hit the big screens on January 25, 2018. Touted to be one of his career-best performances, we won't be surprised if Ranveer ends up bagging many accolades and awards this year!
Rani Mukerji's heartfelt portrayal of a school teacher suffering from Tourette's syndrome left the audience moist-eyed. The film which released on March 23, 2018 managed to impress both, the critics and viewers alike and passed with flying colors.
102 Not Out
Amitabh Bachchan's 'cool dad' act with Rishi Kapoor playing the grumpy son warmed the cockles of the hearts. The film delivered a strong message without being preachy at any point and not to forget, the hilarious liners left the audience in splits when it made its way into the theatres on May 4, 2018.
When it comes to black humour, Irrfan Khan never fails to impress. Irrfan and Kirti Kulhari as a misfit couple brought in bouts of laughter and the film's wacky subject struck a chord when it released on April 6, 2018.
Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety
Luv Ranjan's refreshing take on romance vs bromance was quite relatable from the word 'go' and gave everyone enough reasons to say 'cheers'. No doubt, the film turned out to be a turning point for Kartik Aaryan's film career as it worked wonders at the box office. The film hit the big screens on February 23, 2018.
It was commendable of Akshay Kumar to take up a topic of menstruation which is generally spoken in hush-hush tones and make it into an engaging film which made its way into the theatres on February 9, 2018.
Anushka Sharma ditched the cliched 'puraani havelis', 'creaking doors' and 'women clad in white-sarees' to offer something new on the platter when it comes to the horror genre when Pari released on March 2, 2018. Anushka's scary act may not have set the cash registers ringing in much, but it definitely managed to give some chills and thrills.
Beyond The Clouds
No, Dhadak isn't Ishaan Khatter's debut film. Before that, the young lad appeared on-screen for the first time in Beyond The Clouds which released on April 20, 2018. Noted Iranian filmmaker Majid Majidi pulled you into the underbelly of Mumbai and presented a story of poignant human fiction which hit one straight into the heart.
Rajkummar Rao proved once again why he's one of the best actors among the current crop when he played the British terrorist of Pakistani descent Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh on the celluloid. His mind-blowing transformation into a sinister figure left the audience asking for more when the movie released on May 4, 2018.