- Prabhas Rejected This Blockbuster Film Opposite Deepika Padukone For Not Getting A Meaty Role!
- Did Aishwarya Rai Bachchan TAUNT Salman Khan? Reveals Why She REJECTED Bajirao Mastani & Padmaavat!
- Best Bollywood Movies Of 2018: Sanju, Padmaavat, Hichki & Others
- IFFM Awards 2018: Ranbir Kapoor's Sanju & Deepika Padukone's Padmaavat Lead The Nominations!
- Shahid Kapoor Backs Out From Performing At The IIFA Awards 2018, Here's Why!
- STRANGE! What's Keeping Deepika Padukone Away From Signing Multiple Films Post Padmaavat?
- Deepika Padukone Takes Away Our Breath In These Inside Pics From TINGS Photoshoot!
- Deepika Padukone Looks Ravishing In White At The TIME 100 Gala & We Can't Stop Staring! PICS
- Anurag Kashyap: My Parents Were Threatened When I Tweeted To The Prime Minister!
- Ranveer Singh To Be Honoured With Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award For Padmaavat!
- Ranveer Singh REVEALS Why His Wedding With Deepika Padukone Is NOT HAPPENING This Year!
- Deepika Padukone Refuses To Endorse Aerated Drinks; Calls Off Her Association With This Cola Brand?
Thanks to Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Padmaavat, people are really interested in knowing more about the life and times of the Chittor queen. Padmini, also known as Padmavati, was a legendary 13th-14th century Indian queen (Rani). The first mention of Padmani took place in an epic fictionalized poem written by Malik Muhammad Jayasi in 1540 CE.
History remembers her for the jauhar act that she committed to save her dignity. Check out the original pictures where (it is believed) Rani Padmini committed Jauhar and also read the story behind it.
Rani Padmini Was Well-Trained
As per a report In Times Of India, ''Rani Padmini was well-trained in war strategies and battleship. This made her adept at the art of swordsmanship.''
Pic courtesy-Wikimedia Commons
She Kept A Swayamvar
''During her swayamvar, she kept a condition that whoever would defeat the designated fighter in a sword battle would win her.''
Pic Courtesy-Wikimedia Commons
The Kings Didn't Know That...
‘'However, the designated sword fighter was Padmini herself.''
In Pic-Rani Padmini's Palace
(Picture courtesy- Wikipedia)
Only King Rawal Ratan Singh Won
''Many princes and kings lost to her and it was only king Rawal Ratan Singh who won and she had to marry him.''
The Story Of Raghav Chetan
''Raghav Chetan was an artist in the royal court of Chittor and was secretly a sorcerer who killed many for his purposes.''
When Raja Ratan Singh Caught Raghav Chetan Red-Handed
‘'Once, Ratan Sen caught him red-handed and he was banished from the kingdom.''
Alauddin Saw Rani Padmini's Reflection In A Mirror
''This led him to Alauddin Khilji, praising Rani Padmini in front of him and Alauddin besieging the kingdom of Chittor. He only saw Padmini in a reflection as she didn't allow him to see her face to face.''
In Pic-The mirror in which Alauddin saw Rani Padmini.
Picture courtesy-Times OF India
He Deceitfully Captured Ratan Singh
''Alauddin deceitfully captured Ratan Singh. This led to the women of Chittor prepare for Jauhar while the fight was still going on. As many soldiers of Chittor's army died, Ratan Singh also died while fighting beside his men.''
Rani Padmini Was The First To Jump In The Jauhar Kund
''The women walked down a secret passage within the fort that led to the Jauhar Kund. Padmini was the first to jump in the Jauhar Kund while other women followed.''
In Pic-Jauhar kund
Their Cries Were So Loud That Alauddin Ordered The Kund To Be Closed Permanently
''Their cries and wailings were so loud that Alauddin ordered the passage to be closed permanently and it was reopened only after many years by the king of Chittor to honour the brave women.''
In Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Padmaavat, Deepika Padukone has essayed the role of Rani Padmini.