- Shivashish Mishra Had Connection With Salman Prior To Bigg Boss 12; Captured With Kareena & Saif!
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan Took A POTSHOT At Katrina Kaif: Don’t Remember When She Made Her Debut
- Kareena Kapoor Gives Major Hints To Ranbir Kapoor, Wants To Work With Him In A Movie!
- Ambani’s Ganesh Utsav 2018: Shahrukh-Gauri Set Hearts Aflutter; Karisma & Kareena Turn Heads [PICS]
- Kiara Advani Is All Excited As She Gears Up For Kareena Kapoor-Akshay Kumar's Good News
- Karan Johar Answers Who He'd Like To Marry! Can You Guess Who She Is?
- Shahrukh Khan Reaps The 'Benefits Of Being In A Tub' With Kareena Kapoor, Karisma & Sharmila Tagore
- Kareena Kapoor, Karisma Kapoor, Amrita Arora & Friends Have Fun In Dubai! View Pictures
- Kareena Kapoor: I Want Taimur To Be A Good Person, With Strong Values
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Was Skeptical About Ranveer Singh! Then, What Made Her Say Yes To Takht?
- Kareena Kapoor To Romance Ranveer Singh In Karan Johar's Next? Juicy Details Inside!
- Saif Ali Khan To Play A Naga Sadhu In His Next! Read Details
After the failure of Rakesh Roshan's directorial Koyla, he decided to launch his own son in the glamour world. The director cum producer wanted everything perfect for Hrithik Roshan's debut film Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai. Senior Roshan wanted to cast Karisma Kapoor's (Lolo was already a big star then) sister Kareena Kapoor opposite Hrithik for the movie. But after shooting for a day, Bebo was removed from the film. Wondering why? Let's hear it straight from the horse's mouth...
Kareena Can't Call The Shots
Rakesh Roshan had told a leading daily, "Kareena is a newcomer and should be treated like one, she cannot call the shots just because she's Karisma's sister.''
Babita's Demands Were Unreasonable
''Babita should have spoken to me like a newcomer's mother and shouldn't have demanded more than she owed." Rakesh also revealed in the same interview that he would have agreed to Babita's condition if Karisma would have been the heroine.
He Thought Of Taking Kareena Kapoor's Father's Help
Rakesh Roshan suffered huge losses due to Babita's unprofessional behaviour. Even after this, he contacted Randhir Kapoor, who was his good friend, and told him to talk to Babita about this issue. But nothing changed and he signed Ameesha Patel for the movie.
What Went Wrong?
As per a report in Pinkvilla, Babita was keen to launch her younger daughter Kareena Kapoor in Bollywood. Knowing this, Rakesh approached Babita, who instantly said a 'yes'. After a quiet mahurat, Rakesh began shooting the first schedule. Kareena's first day of shoot was for a song and she was accompanied by her elder sister Karisma and mother Babita.
Kareean Was Not Comfortable
The next day, Babita called Rakesh and told him to shoot the scenes first, as Kareena was more comfortable with acting than dancing.
However, Rakesh Wanted To Shoot The Song First
Rakesh explained to Babita that the entire set was erected and canceling the song's shoot could lead to a huge loss. But Babita was not convinced and kept asking to shoot the scenes first.
After A Heated Argument...
Babita ended the call by saying that they would prefer to opt out of the film. Rakesh was in shock but tried to approach Babita with the help of his best friend Randhir Kapoor, but of no use. The shooting of Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai stood still, as there was no heroine for this film. With no option left, Rakesh thought of moving forward by selecting Ameesha for KNPH.