- Sridevi Was Missed IMMENSELY By Janhvi At Sonam Kapoor's 'Mehendi' Because Of This Special Reason!
- Post Sridevi's Demise, Anil Kapoor & Boney Kapoor Call Off Mr India 2, Shekhar Kapur Reacts!
- Gone Too Soon! Janhvi Kapoor Celebrates Mother's Day With The Memories Of Sridevi; Shares A Rare Pic
- Supreme Court Rejects Plea Seeking Investigation Into Sridevi’s Death!
- Supreme Court To Hear Plea Seeking Investigation Into Sridevi’s Death!
- First Family Wedding WITHOUT Sridevi! Anshula & Arjun Kapoor Shower LOVE On Janhvi & Khushi [PHOTOS]
- Demise Of Sridevi Is The Reason? Janhvi Kapoor REFUSES To Perform At Sonam Kapoor's Sangeet Ceremony
- Sridevi's Twitter Handle Comes To Life! Boney Kapoor Tweets Pictures Of Her National Film Awards Win
- National Awards Inside Pics: Boney Kapoor BREAKS DOWN; Janhvi Gets TEARY-EYED As She Misses Sridevi
- National Film Awards 2018! Disappointed Awardees Write An Open Letter To The President
- National Awards 2018: Janhvi Kapoor Ditches Designer Outfit & Wears Sridevi's Saree [PICS]
- 65th National Film Awards Live Updates! View Pictures
It's one of the saddest days in the history of Indian cinema! Bollywood's first female superstar Sridevi succumbed to a cardiac arrest at the age of 54 last night.
The news of her sudden demise has shocked not just the film fraternity but a million of fans all across the globe. Known for her impressive acting prowess and dancing skills, the actress lit up the screen with her enigmatic presence. She was one of the most sought-after actresses of her time and even went on to give her male co-stars a complex.
Not just Bollywood, even the west couldn't escape from Sridevi's charms. Did you know that she had once turn down a film offer by a renowned Hollywood filmmaker? Scroll down to read more about this:
Steven Spielberg Had Approached Sridevi For Jurassic Park
Yes, you heard that right. The renowned Hollywood director Steven Spielberg had approached Sridevi for a small role in the 1993 film Jurassic Park.
But Here's Why She Refused The Film
At the peak of her career, Sridevi felt that the role didn't meet her stature and turned down the film.
She Had Even Said No To Shahrukh Khan
The actress was offered the female lead in Shahrukh Khan starrer Darr but Sridevi refused that role too.
The Reason Why She Refused Darr
Later Sridevi revealed in one of her interviews, "After Chandni and Lamhe, I feel Darr would have been an ordinary character for me."
Did She Wanted SRK's Role?
"If I'm playing Shah Rukh Khan's role, then of course, I would have loved to do it. The character Juhi played was new for her and so it was good for her. But for me, it was something I had done many times before," she further added. Later Yash Chopra had stated that Sridevi would not have suited the role as she would have overpowered both the heroes in the movie.
Wait, What! Sridevi & Not Madhuri Would Have Been The 'Dhak-Dhak' Girl
Filmmaker Indra Kumar was keen to cast Sridevi in his 1992 film Beta. Reportedly the makers had planned to incorporate the iconic song 'Dhak Dhak Karne Laga' which is the Hindi version of the Telugu song from her Telugu blockbuster movie with Chiranjeevi "Jagadeka Veerudu Attilokasundari" which was released in 1990, just for her. But the actress didn't do the film because by then, she had already acted in quite a few films with Anil Kapoor.
The role fell in Madhuri Dixit's lap and the rest is history.