- Sridevi Felt Parents' Bad Karma Goes Into Their Children; Was Scared To See Janhvi Kapoor Suffer!
- Janhvi Kapoor Revealed The First Reaction Of Sridevi When She Decided To Be An Actress!
- Is There A RIFT Between The Two? Arjun Kapoor To Miss Jahnvi Kapoor's Dhadak Screening!
- Janhvi Kapoor Not Excited About Being Compared To Sridevi; Wants To Create Her Own Identity!
- Janhvi Kapoor Told Sridevi, 'I Don't Want You To Tell Me How I Should Do It' Before Shooting Dhadak!
- Arjun Kapoor On Janhvi & Khushi: They’re Very Nice, Sensible Kids, Maybe More Than Me, Too
- Janhvi Kapoor's Emotional Post For Arjun Kapoor On His Birthday: You Are The Reason For Our Strength
- IIFA 2018: Boney Kapoor Gets Teary-Eyed On Collecting Sridevi's Award With Son Arjun By His Side!
- Deepika Padukone To Step Into Sridevi's Shoes For A Remake?
- When Janhvi Kapoor Got A Panic Attack After Someone Commented 'She Can't Act'!
- VIRAL VIDEO! When Janhvi Kapoor As A Kid Presented The Best Actor Award To Shahrukh Khan
- When Sridevi's Stardom HURT Anil Kapoor's Male Ego & He Ended Up Committing A BIG MISTAKE!
For today's Throwback Thursday column, we got our hands on an old interview of Sridevi, where she spoke exclusively with India Today in 1987. While speaking to Raj Chengappa, to whom the interview was given, Sridevi had talked about being referred as 'sex siren' and how she feels when people call her that tag!
She had also talked about how the Tamil industry perceives her is quite opposite to how the Hindi film industry sees her, how the real Sridevi is and even though being at the peak of her career how she would love to settle down eventually.
Sridevi Never Liked 'Sex Siren' Tag
Speaking about the same, she said, "I feel very bad. When people come and tell me how beautiful I looked in a film, I don't react. But when they tell me I acted well I feel proud."
When Asked About Willingness To Bare More Than Others
When asked if that's her willingness to bare more than others the reason, why she is being referred as 'sex siren', she told, "If that's the case then whoever reveals a lot should be number one."
"Why are they not? If I look sexy just wearing a sari, can I help it? There are so many girls who reveal much more but they don't look anything.
Sridevi On Difference Between Working In Tamil & Hindi Films
"In Tamil films they love to see me act naturally. But in Hindi films all they want is lot of glamour, richness and masala. My bad luck was that my first big hit in Hindi films turned out to be a commercial one (Himmatwala).
When I did a character role in Sadma, the picture flopped. So people started casting me only for glamour roles. But one day I'm going to prove to everyone that I can act also."
Sridevi On Being On Number One Postion
"I can't be number one for life. As a girl, the time is even shorter. I am not going to be a performer, going on year after year. I will never give people a chance to get bored of me. The moment somebody younger is going to take my place, I will quit films. I hate to hang on.
Who's Real Sridevi?
Revealing her real side, Sridevi said, "Someone very simple. I'm an ordinary person. Nothing very interesting. Just another parents' daughter. Even ordinary girls have style. I don't think I've got that.
Sridevi: I'm A Shy Person
Sridevi further added that, "You see the real Sridevi in the house. I hate to go out for parties. I like being at home with my parents. I'm a very shy person and difficult to get along with."
Sridevi On Her 'Innocent' Look
"It is not an act. You can't do that for a whole life. It would look silly and stupid. It is just that I have a baby face that doesn't change."
Sridevi On Her Marriage
When asked what would she like to do after wedding, she told, "Get married and settle down. I love children."