- Gone Too Soon! This Throwback Picture Of Sridevi With Janhvi & Khushi Will Leave You Teary-eyed
- Did You Know? After This Super-flop Film Of Sridevi, Boney Kapoor Went Bankrupt!
- National Award: An Emotional Boney Kapoor Isn't Sure Whether He Will Celebrate Sridevi's Win Or Not
- National Film Award 2018: Shekhar Kapur Had First OPPOSED Sridevi's Best Actor Award For Mom!
- After Sridevi's Demise, Manish Malhotra RECALLS His Last Conversation With Her!
- National Award 2018 Winners List: Sridevi Wins Best Actor Award, Pankaj, Divya Make It To The List
- Sridevi Given State Funeral On CMO's Instructions: RTI
- Sridevi's Demise: Here's How Arjun Kapoor Is Making Up For The Loss On The Sets Of Namastey England!
- Sridevi's Throwback Picture From Mohit & Antara's Wedding Will Make You Miss Her Even More!
- THROWBACK: Sridevi Lost Cool When Asked About Undergoing Any Plastic Surgery & Said ZIP YOUR MOUTH
- Dhadak: Janhvi Kapoor & Ishaan Khatter Film At The Famous Victoria Memorial In Kolkata!
- Sridevi's Demise: It's Been A Month Since The Dark Day & Here's How Janhvi Is Coping With The Loss
For today's Throwback Thursday column, we got our hands on an old interview of Sridevi, where she spoke exclusively with India Today in 1987. While speaking to Raj Chengappa, to whom the interview was given, Sridevi had talked about being referred as 'sex siren' and how she feels when people call her that tag!
She had also talked about how the Tamil industry perceives her is quite opposite to how the Hindi film industry sees her, how the real Sridevi is and even though being at the peak of her career how she would love to settle down eventually.
Sridevi Never Liked 'Sex Siren' Tag
Speaking about the same, she said, "I feel very bad. When people come and tell me how beautiful I looked in a film, I don't react. But when they tell me I acted well I feel proud."
When Asked About Willingness To Bare More Than Others
When asked if that's her willingness to bare more than others the reason, why she is being referred as 'sex siren', she told, "If that's the case then whoever reveals a lot should be number one."
"Why are they not? If I look sexy just wearing a sari, can I help it? There are so many girls who reveal much more but they don't look anything.
Sridevi On Difference Between Working In Tamil & Hindi Films
"In Tamil films they love to see me act naturally. But in Hindi films all they want is lot of glamour, richness and masala. My bad luck was that my first big hit in Hindi films turned out to be a commercial one (Himmatwala).
When I did a character role in Sadma, the picture flopped. So people started casting me only for glamour roles. But one day I'm going to prove to everyone that I can act also."
Sridevi On Being On Number One Postion
"I can't be number one for life. As a girl, the time is even shorter. I am not going to be a performer, going on year after year. I will never give people a chance to get bored of me. The moment somebody younger is going to take my place, I will quit films. I hate to hang on.
Who's Real Sridevi?
Revealing her real side, Sridevi said, "Someone very simple. I'm an ordinary person. Nothing very interesting. Just another parents' daughter. Even ordinary girls have style. I don't think I've got that.
Sridevi: I'm A Shy Person
Sridevi further added that, "You see the real Sridevi in the house. I hate to go out for parties. I like being at home with my parents. I'm a very shy person and difficult to get along with."
Sridevi On Her 'Innocent' Look
"It is not an act. You can't do that for a whole life. It would look silly and stupid. It is just that I have a baby face that doesn't change."
Sridevi On Her Marriage
When asked what would she like to do after wedding, she told, "Get married and settle down. I love children."