- The Accidental Prime Minister: Anupam Kher Reveals The First Look Of Reel Rahul & Priyanka Gandhi!
- 5 Pictures Of Sonam Kapoor Dressed As An Elegant Bride!
- Jackie Shroff On 'Lakhan' Anil's Daughter Sonam Kapoor's Wedding: 'If Ram Won't Go Then Who Would?'
- Anil Kapoor To Dance To THIS Song On Sonam Kapoor’s Sangeet Ceremony!
- The Accidental Prime Minister: Anupam Kher Looks Every Bit Like Ex PM Dr. Manmohan Singh!
- Hollywood Legend Robert De Niro Throws A Surprise Birthday Dinner For Anupam Kher!
- RIP Sridevi! From Katrina Kaif's Heartfelt Post To Jacqueline Fernandez's Musical Tribute
- Justin Tradeau Meets Shahrukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Farhan Akhtar & Madhavan! View Pictures
- Anupam Kher's Role Was Chopped Off From Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro
- Anupam Kher Is New FTII Chairman
- Bollywood Celebs Hail Judgement On Triple Talaq
- This Is Called Being Human! Salman Khan Did The Unexpected When Anupam Fell Ill In A Foreign Land
'EXPLOSIVE: Prabhadevi's Shattering Confession, "Yes I Am Sridevi's Unknown Sister'- the scandalous headline on a old issue of Cine Blitz caught the entire nation in frenzy.
There on the cover was a dolled-up lady with pouty lips claiming to be Sridevi's long-lost sister Prabhadevi! The magazine issue sold like hot cakes because of that sensational piece of news.
Who was this lady? Scroll down to read this interesting trivia-
It Was An April Fool Days Prank
The magazine Cine Blitz actually got Anupam Kher all done up by ace make-up artiste and stylist Mickey Contractor and a cover picture shot by Bollywood's most popular lensman of the time - Gautam Rajadhyaksha where he posed as Sridevi's long-lost sister Prabhadevi.
Sridevi Was Unaware About This Prank
After the magazine hit the stands, Sridevi reacted, " Anupamji didn't tell me what exactly he was going to do. One day, while we were shooting he told me, 'Ma'am main aap ko ek surprise dene wala hoon' [Ma'm I'm going to give you a huge surprise]."
Building The Suspense
"The whole day he kept telling me the same thing. So I asked him what the surprise was. And all he said was, 'Nahin, I don't want to tell you, magar aap bahut hassenge' [but you'll laugh a lot!]. ...The whole day Anupamji kept building up the suspense. I had absolutely no idea what he was going to do. I could not even imagine what the surprise was."
Here's What Happened Next
Sridevi told the magazine, "After the shooting schedule in Bombay, I left for Madras. One day, after I finished my dubbing, I returned home and I met my sister and brother-in-law. They were very upset. They came to me saying, 'See what this Cine Blitz has done. They have said that we have got another sister hiding somewhere. It is so wrong!"
Sridevi Found The Prank Funnny
She was quoted as saying, " Ya. I found it really very funny. It was a really good April Fool joke for everybody. Especially when she said that she knew all the Hollywood actors. That was really funny and very cute in a way."
She Quite Liked Anupam's New Look
"Anupamji's make-up was really mind blowing. How nicely it was done. The credit for it goes to Gautam and Mickey. Of course the credit also goes to Anupamji. The way he has given his expressions was really great!"
Few Directors Were Keen To Sign Prabhadevi For A Film
Gautam Rajadhyaksha who transformed Anupam Kher to Prabhadevi said that almost everyone in the industry believed the story and some producers were even keen to sign Prabhadevi for their films.
Even Jaya Bachchan Fell For The Story
Talking about it, Gautam revealed to the magazine, "I was shooting with Amitabh (who had been told the night before by a suddenly stricken Anupam!) the day of the issue's release. Jaya, having read the story, tossed the magazine aside with disdain.
"Such cheap sensationalism. I admit she does look a bit like Sridevi, but..." I will never forget Jaya's face when Amit, who couldn't contain himself any longer, blurted out the truth. Disbelief, giving way to incredulity, shock, amazement, till at last she dissolved into peals of laughter. Sometimes, even now, remembering Jay's gasps and giggles, I laugh out loud."
Sridevi- The Queen Of Indian Cinema
Following the actress' untimely death on Saturday, Anupam Kher took to Twitter to express his condolences and tweeted, " This is how I will always want to remember #Sridevi - Happening, Vibrant, Brilliant, Beautiful, Bestest and Unique.🙏🙏 #QueenOfIndianCinemaSridevi