- Manmarziyaan Fiasco: Abhishek Bachchan Refuses To Take Anurag Kashyap’s Side Over Smoking Scene
- Abhishek Bachchan Doesn’t Want To Make Aaradhya Feel Awkward; Will Avoid Doing This!
- Taapsee Pannu Trolls People Who Protested The 'Smoking Scene' In Manmarziyaan! View Tweets
- Manmarziyaan Film-makers Delete 3 Scenes Which Hurt Sikh Sentiments
- Abhishek Bachchan Doesn't Like Aaradhya Getting Papped; Says, 'Let Her Grow Up & Decide'!
- Is Navya Naveli Nanda Planning To Work In Bollywood? Abhishek Bachchan Answers
- Taapsee Pannu To Marry Her Boyfriend Mathias Boe By The End Of The Year? Read Details!
- Manmarziyaan Weekend Collection: Film Mints Rs. 14.33 Crores In 3 Days!
- Manmarziyaan: Abhishek Bachchan-Taapsee Pannu-Vicky Kaushal Film Gets A Thumbs Up From The Audience!
- Manmarziyaan Movie Review: Anurag Kashyap Paints Love On The Canvas In Its Truest Form!
- Manmarziyaan vs Mitron Box Office Predictions: Which Film Will Entice The Audience?
- Manmarziyaan: Amitabh Bachchan Finds It Difficult To Speak To Abhishek After Watching The Film!
As per the Filmibeat's tradition, we're here with yet another 'Throwback Thursday' article and this time, the article throws light on an old interview of Karisma Kapoor, who was once madly in love with Abhishek Bachchan. The duo dated for a good five years before getting engaged in 2002 on the eve of Amitabh Bachchan's 60th birthday. And this old interview of Karisma's, talking about accepting Abhishek's proposal, will leave you with mixed feelings.
Karisma not only revealed how Abhishek proposed to her with a diamond ring but also told about her reaction.
Karisma On Accepting Abhishek’s Proposal
While speaking to the media, Karisma told, "Abhishek (Bachchan) presented me with a diamond ring and proposed to me all of a sudden. I could not say no."
She had also further added, "I feel I have found the right person in Abhishek, and I couldn't have asked for a better family than the Bachchans."
They Got Engaged Only To Part Ways Later
About four months after the two were engaged, the news of the break-up came in as a shock for the family and it left the entire B-town shocked as well!
In fact, Karisma's aunt, Neetu Kapoor, had also addressed the news of their break-up and had said "Don't ask me too much. I don''t know what went wrong. But they have split. Yes, it is very sad."
Jaya Bachchan Had Also Mentioned About Their Split
However, both Bachchans and Kapoors never gave a ‘proper' reason for calling off the marriage but Jaya Bachchan had once mentioned that it was solely Abhishek Bachchan's decision.
How Abhishek & Karisma Met?
Not many of you must be aware of the fact that Abhishek & Karisma met each other at the family wedding. It was at Nikhil Nanda (Raj Kapoor's daughter's son) and Shweta Bachchan's wedding in 1997 that brought Karisma and Abhishek closer.
Karisma’s Mom Was The Reason Behind Their Split?
Till today nobody knows why Karisma and Abhishek parted ways. But during the time of their split, rumours were rife that Karisma's mom played the spoilsport and asked for a prenuptial agreement.
Apparently, she had asked Big B to pass on a particular portion of his wealth to his son to ensure a secure future for her daughter Karisma. Big B reportedly refused to give in to her demands and the engagement was eventually called off.
The Bachchans Were Also Blamed
Not just that, it was also reported that the Bachchans had kept a condition in front of Karisma Kapoor that post marriage, she will bid goodbye to her acting career, which didn't go well with Karisma and her family.
Cut to present, both Karisma & Abhishek are happy in their own lives. While Abhishek is married to Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and is a proud daddy of Aaradhya Bachchan, Karisma is allegedly dating Sandeep Toshniwal and raising two kids on her own!