TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Updates: Ashok Gehlot & Sachin Pilot To Meet Rahul Gandhi
- Manchester City Vs Hoffenheim: City Through As Group Winners
- PTron Spunk Wireless Earphones With Bluetooth 5.0 Launched For Rs 2,999
- Bajaj Pulsar 150 ABS: Spy Pics Leaked
- Why Is December A Good Month To Invest In Stock Markets?
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Looks ROYAL At Isha Ambani's Wedding
- Sonam & Anil Kapoor's Ethnic Look At Isha Ambani's Wedding
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan are currently in Bagalkot, North Karnataka, shooting for Mani Ratnam's Guru. The area is also the location of historical sites like Badami, Aihole and Pattadakal. Abhishek plays the role of a legendary hero of the 1857 Mutiny.
While they were shooting for the film, the duo also visited the historical monuments. And they were certainly very impressed. Aishwarya was seen wearing a sari and taking in the beauty of her surroundings. It was no easy task for the production team to get permission to shoot in these areas. The Archaeological Survey of India authorities were apprehensive because shooting in the areas would attract a lot of crowds, which could prove to be detrimental for the monuments. However, finally they relented.
The shooting began under tight security. Thousands of people thronged the area to catch a glimpse of the stars. However, they were not able to do so since the police had cordoned off the area. But the crowds were determined and climbed the tops of trees for a dekko! Apart from Ash and Abhishek, Guru also stars Mallika Sherawat. However, she was not present in Bagalkot as she didn't have any scenes there.