TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Tinsel town is rife with stories of one actor being replaced by another. The perfect actor for a particular role is defined by the availability of dates within the budget, of course.
So it came as no surprise when we heard about a similar story. It's always the same game with a twist. This time the twist was the change in players who are Anant Mahadevan and Celina Jaitley.
The story began way back in 2004. Anant Mahadevan was in the process of casting for his film Dil Maange More. He approached the very-hot Celina Jaitley for one of the roles. However, Celina's career was just taking off. She felt that doing a three heroine project would be a bad move. And so the role was politely declined. There were no hard feelings as the duo had parted amicably.
Cut to a year later, when Anant Mahadevan was finalizing the cast for his next venture Aksar. His first choice for the female lead this time too was the sultry Celina Jaitley. When they had parted ways earlier, they had not ruled out the opportunity of working together, at a later stage. This time Celina liked the role that was offered and gave the green signal to the project.
All was well. Celina even shot for the film for a day. However, soon it was realized that there were some date problems. Apparently, Celina's Aksar dates were clashing with Zinda and Jawani Diwani. They tried to sort out the issue. But the major fix was that the producers already had Emraan Hashmi's bulk dates. And being the catch that he is, they didn't want to let go of him. Hence, this time too Celina opted out of another one of Mahadevan's projects.
After much ado, Udita Goswami was roped in for the female lead. And the film was completed in a record 35 days! It remains to be seen whether Celina and Anant will ever work together or not. Going by the promos, Celina's loss looks like a big gain for Udita. But fear not, Celina! Bollywood main aisi baatein aksar hoti rehti hain!