TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Bring Desktop Gadgets To Windows 10
- This Dussehra Witness The World's Tallest Effigy Of Ravana In Haryana
- Health Benefits Of Pineberries
- Happy Birthday Sunny Deol: Knowing The Man Beyond 'Dhai Kilo Ka Haath'!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Kidambi Srikanth Stuns Lin Dan To Enter Denmark Open Quarterfinals
- BECIL Recruitment 2018 For 33 Technicians
By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
The guru is remaking Sholay. The chela has followed suit. Ramgopal Varma's erstwhile assistant Rohit Jugraj [director of James] is remaking the talked-about Farhan Akhtar film Dil Chahta Hai. At least that's the speculation in the industry.
"Agreed, my next film is about female bonding and the plot revolves around three girls, but it's not a remake of Dil Chahta Hai. Every two-hero film shouldn't be mistaken as Sholay or a two-guy-one-girl love story can't be a Saagar. It can be a Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam too," Rohit enlightens.
So he's not remaking Dil Chahta Hai? "Nahin, bilkul nahin! Dil Chahta Hai is a masterpiece, why should I tamper with it? My film looks at the relationship between three girls [Jhanvi, Ginny and Mansi], their bonding, the catfights, the sensitive moments, the ups and downs in a relationship... I am trying to understand women through my film," he smiles.
Rohit hasn't signed any actor yet, but the rumor mills are agog with the speculation that he has approached Sushmita Sen, Lara Dutta and Priyanka Chopra for the roles in question. True? "I am talking to five actors currently, of which three will be finalized in due course. Yes, we did approach Lara for one of the roles, but her dates posed a problem. I wouldn't like to reveal the names of the other actors right now since nothing is on paper yet," he clarifies.
Roopesh Gohil, a Mumbai-based entrepreneur, will produce the film, which is expected to roll in February 2007 at an overseas destination.
Karisma's Love at Fast sight