TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Be it a modern city or rural countryside, Bollywood sells equally well everywhere. The most interesting example that we heard of recently is use of filmstars names to sell donkeys on sale at the on-going annual animal fair at the Dewa Sharief Mela near Lucknow. Aishwarya, Rani, Juhi, Preity, Priyanka, Aamir, Salman, Jackie, Shah Rukh, Kangana and the list goes on. And naming the donkeys after the filmstars has boasted the sales of the animals and added colour to the fair.
This year "Rani" was sold at the price of Rs.25, 000. She is short and fair. In fact, the buyer of the donkey feels that she is very good looking and his children will love her. "Rani's" sibling named "Aishwarya" however was purchased by a businessman from Haryana. The highest price this year was paid for "Shah Rukh" who fetched Rs. 35, 000. On the other hand, Rakhi Sawant went for Rs.18, 000. This fair is a 103 year old tradition and now it has become a start studded affair. The bigger the name of the star after which the donkey is named, the higher the price of the animal.
Apart from the filmstars, some of the donkeys are also named after famous sportspersons like Sachin, Sania and Dhoni. So, if you want to buy a star donkey, you know where to go.
Big B watches Don?
SLB's Saawariya a love story?