TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
By: Upala KBR, Mid-Day
Monday, November 27, 2006
After performing the Saki saki number in Sanjay Gupta's Musafir (2004), Koena Mitra disappeared from his camp. There was speculation that Koena and Gupta had a fall-out, prompting her exit. But both insist that was a rumour.
Says Gupta, "Koena has signed two films with White Feather Films. There was no fallout or rift between us. Koena always attends our parties and pujas and we have a very cordial relationship with her. The reason we didn't take her on for previous films was because we didn't have a role that was good enough for her. Koena is like a baby to Sanju (Dutt) and me. We are extremely protective and super proud of her. The idea was to give her a good platform to perform after her launch in Musafir. We have that today. Now that we are launching multiple productions, we are taking her on."
Koena laughs, "Both Sanju and Gups are so protective that whenever I sign a film they call me and ask a whole lot of questions! When I signed Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena, both called to wish me luck. Gups told me that I needed to do films with younger heroes, which I have done with Fardeen and Riteish.
People kept asking me why I wasn't working with Gups and Sanju, but Gups told me that the day he had a role worthy of me, he would call. The films he has offered me are of totally different genres. One is a comedy: a young, fun film. We haven't discussed the other film in detail."
She remembers the first day of shooting for Musafir very well. "I was very scared as I was a newcomer and there were big, senior stars like Anil Kapoor and Sanju acting alongside me. I didn't know how they would behave. But to my surprise, I was accepted right away. I was treated like a princess on the sets. When it comes to work, Gups will never compromise on quality."
Post Apna Sapna Money Money, she is doing another film with Subhash Ghai's Mukta Arts. "Anant Mahadevan's mystery thriller Anamika is almost complete. My parents are very happy with the way my career is shaping today. My grandmother in Kolkata makes it a point to watch all my films on DVD. When I go there next, I will give her a DVD of Apna Sapna Money Money."
Big B says "No Thanks" to politics
Bipasha's best friend...its not John!