TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Weather Forecast For Dec 19: Cyclone Phethai Weakens; Winter Chills To Continue In Delhi
- IPL Auction 2019: Live Updates
- More Items To Be Included In Sub-18% Tax Slab — Narendra Modi
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Vikendi Snow Map Yet To Arrive On PUBG Mobile India Even After 1.6GB Update
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Smelling His Own Socks Gave This Man Lung Infection
By: Upala KBR, Mid-Day
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Almost two years after she stopped modelling, Koena Mitra is walking the ramp again - as the showstopper in designer Maheka Mirpuri's Bollywood Glam, The Red Carpet, in the Fashion Week today.
Says Koena, "Nowadays, celebrities like Preity Zinta are walking the ramp for their favourite designers. I am not nervous about walking the ramp after two years. I have been a supermodel and ruled the ramp then. Once I started doing films, I quit modelling completely.
Now I am looking forward to catching up with my old friends. When I started my career three years ago, Marc Robinson had choreographed my first show, and tomorrow, he will be doing it again. There is an element of nostalgia too... but it will be fun!"
Says Maheka, "It's nice to work with Koena again. My show, Bollywood Glam - The Red Carpet will be showcasing today's women over the years -strong, confident, sexy, in-your-face and with attitude. It will be from the 1960s to now and Koena will represent 2000.
We have models representing Asha Parekh, Zeenat Aman etc. Sushama Reddy will open the show while Koena's will be the grand finale.
Sushama will represent Asha Parekh of the 1960s, with big, bouffants and tight churidaar-kurtas."
What's her outfit? "It's an emerald green and orange ghaghra-choli, with gold crochet trimming on the choli."