TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Bring Desktop Gadgets To Windows 10
- This Dussehra Witness The World's Tallest Effigy Of Ravana In Haryana
- Health Benefits Of Pineberries
- Happy Birthday Sunny Deol: Knowing The Man Beyond 'Dhai Kilo Ka Haath'!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Kidambi Srikanth Stuns Lin Dan To Enter Denmark Open Quarterfinals
- BECIL Recruitment 2018 For 33 Technicians
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
The usually bubbly Rani Mukherjee created a controversial situation in Varanasi while shooting for Yash Raj Film's Chudiyan directed by Pradeep Sarkar. Apparently, the unit was shooting on the banks of river Ganga and that was when Rani's bodyguards lathi-charged the media persons and also her fans. The fact that annoyed the fans was that they had come to just watch their favourite actress and yet got hit by the security personnel and Rani didn't even stop them.
Some fans who were annoyed with her said that even a superstar like Amitabh Bachchan makes it a point to meet his fans when he comes there for shoots. A political group agitated against such behavior of Rani asked her to give an apology in 48hrs or leave the city.
Rani chose to apologize to the media but also added that media persons were also at fault. She said that the media was trying to get too close to her and Konkana Sen Sharma, who was also shooting for the film.
Apparently, this is not the first time that Rani ran into trouble at Varanasi. Last time was when she was shooting for Bunty Aur Babli when she entered the 'akhada' (wrestling ring) and danced. According to the customs of the region, a woman is not allowed to enter a wrestling ring like this.
Rude Rani shocks Varanasi's media
Ritesh moves into 'Crore Club'?