TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Phethai Updates — Storm To Make Landfall In Andhra By Afternoon; 22 Trains Cancelled
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- Virat Kohli Second-Fastest To 25 Test Hundreds; Surpasses Tendulkar
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- 10 Best Websites To Watch Bollywood Movies Online
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Red Carpet Pictures
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
- 2018 Survey Reveals The Most Dangerous Countries For Women
By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Post Apna Sapna Money Money, Riteish Deshmukh is on Cloud Nine. "The feedback has been tremendous," Riteish sounds chilled now that the 'gamble' has paid off, "I was nervous all through the making of the film. Firstly, portraying four diverse characters in one film is nothing short of a challenge. Then, dressing up as a woman would give anyone a cold sweat. I kept asking myself, am I doing it right? Or am I too manly or too girly? I was really confused."
But Riteish heaved a sigh of relief when the critics as well as the aam junta lauded the effort. "The praises have been flowing in since Friday. People have been very kind, very generous with praises," he states modestly, "When I think about it, I feel it could've boomeranged. And it would've had ramifications on the film eventually. What really makes me happy is that people have enjoyed the film."
With Apna Sapna Money Money fetching a favorable start at the box-office, there's talk that Riteish has hiked his fee to Rs. 1 crore. A news-report even insists that Vashu Bhagnani has the amount to Riteish for his forthcoming film. "I don't look into the finances," Riteish clarifies, "Yes, I would love to work with Vashu-ji again, I am very fond of him. But the fact remains that I haven't signed any film yet. In any case, I leave the decision [of remuneration] on my business manager. He knows best."
Really? "I have decided to complete my pending films before I accept any fresh assignments. There are four films in the pipeline - Cash [Anubhav Sinha], Dhamaal [Indra Kumar], De Taali [E. Niwas] and Hey Baby [Sajid Khan]. The question of quoting any 'x' amount occurs only if I sign on the dotted line, right? But I haven't so far," he smiles.
No item numbers: Konkona
Ash's new avatar