TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Worst Passwords Of 2018 Revealed — ‘donald’ Is Among The Top 25
- PUBG Mobile To Receive Vikendi Snow Map — Game under development
- KTM 500cc Bike For India Officially Confirmed — Bajaj To Make The Twin-Cylinder KTM In India
- Flashback 2018 — The Top Playmakers From Cricket
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Check Out The Winners List
- Value Stocks To Buy For 2019
- 15 Simple Ways In Which You Can Prevent Hair Breakage Naturally
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
Friday, March 31, 2006
After lying low for a while now, Saawan Kumar is hoping to make a comeback of sorts with his forthcoming film Saawan - The Love Season. The producer-director is banking heavily on Salman Khan, who is the star attraction in the film. However, Saawan - The Love Season is not without it's share of controversies.
The music of the film has been doing well since the promos were out. Those who have seen the song 'Tu bula le bula le, bula le... mere mehboob se tu mila de' have seen that the lyrics have been credited to Saawan Kumar, himself. However, it seems that the lyrics were actually penned by Jalees Sherwani. While the music directors of the song Sajid-Wajid, have got the due credits, the lyricist Jalees Sherwani, hasn't. Going a step further, Saawan Kumar has taken the credits for the song, himself!
Jalees Sherwani is understandably very upset. This is the first time that something like this has happened in this 25-year long career. According to him, Saawan Kumar wanted the song as a 'gift' from him! To compensate, he has promised Sherwani that he will give him an entire film's lyrics later. But the lyricist is adamant and wants the credit due. The duo of Sajid-Wajid also confirmed that the lyrics were written by Sherwani. The fact that Saawan Kumar has taken the credit has come as a rude shock to them, as well. They believe that it is not fair to the actual lyricist.
Saawan Kumar, on the other hand denied these allegations. He went on to say that even Sajid-Wajid were trying to gain free publicity with this controversy. He stated that he has written the lyrics himself and the others are lying. Sherwani has complained to The Film Writers' Association. Meanwhile, the blame game continues...