TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
Friday, May 19, 2006
It's a known fact that Sameera Reddy made her Bollywood debut opposite Sohail Khan, in his home production Maine Dil Tujhko Diya. But that is not where her Khan connection began. It actually started a long time ago. Sameera and the Khans go back a long way.
Few people know that Sameera Reddy's first crush was none other than Mr. Salman Khan himself. Like so many other young girls, she too fell for his charms when she saw him in Maine Pyaar Kiya. At the time of the film's release, Sameera was a shy and chubby girl of about 12-13 years of age.
After seeing the movie, Sameera was completely smitten. She would write to her sister, Sushma who was working in New York, telling her that she was in love with a new hero. Her entire room was filled with photos of Salman. She would even go and visit the Khans at their place. The idea was to have a look at Salman but she would say that she wanted to meet his sister Arpita! And whenever Salman was around, young Sameera would just keep staring at him!
It also happened that Sameera would always be on a diet. And going to Salman's place, she would be fed some great biryani, by his father, Salim Khan. And her diet would go out of the window. Maybe she can blame her puppy fat in the initial days on Salman. So that's how far back, the two families go. Sameera is only glad that she made her debut with Sohail Khan's Maine Dil Tujhko Diya. And definitely has no regrets.