TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Mumbai (UNI): Music composer trio of Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy will compose the music of Aamir Khan's home production Tare Zameen Pe in which the actor is playing the lead role. The music composer trio's last venture with an Aamir Khan film was the chart topping Dil Chhata Hai directed by Farhan Akthar. sThey are currently busy working the details of the music of Tare Zameen Pe with debutante dierctor Amol Gupte who is doing his first film for Aamir Khan Productions, Shankar Mahadevan said in an interaction with the media. The production house's last film was Lagaan, directed by Ashutosh Gowarikar, which was eventually nominated in the foreign film category of the Oscar awards in 2001.
Shankar-Ehsaan Loy are currently basking in the success of Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna (KANK) and the recently released music of Farhan Akhtar's Don. During the music release media interaction of Don, the trio had said that they were ready for comparisons with the original Don music which starred Amitabh Bachchan nearly three decades ago. They also said that their version of the latest Don would be a tribute to the original, which was a cult movie.
Shankar Mahadevan shot to fame quite a few years ago for his vocal talents with his solo album Breathless. After joining hands with then Ad-jingle composers, Ehsaan Noorani and Loy Mendonca, the trio composed music for films like Dus, Dil Chahta Hai, Kal Ho Na Ho, Kabhie Alvida Na KehnaDon to name a few. With Shankar's calibre as a vocalist, one would expect him to be heard a lot more in his own films. But the trio believe that other male singers too should be given a chance. However, to little public knowledge, Shankar Mahadevan is one of the most popular singers in the South Film Industry. Shankar has just been awarded the Best Playback Singer - Male Award at the South Indian Filmfare Awards 2006 for a Telugu Film..