TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Mumbai (UNI): Music composer trio of Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy will compose the music of Aamir Khan's home production Tare Zameen Pe in which the actor is playing the lead role. The music composer trio's last venture with an Aamir Khan film was the chart topping Dil Chhata Hai directed by Farhan Akthar. sThey are currently busy working the details of the music of Tare Zameen Pe with debutante dierctor Amol Gupte who is doing his first film for Aamir Khan Productions, Shankar Mahadevan said in an interaction with the media. The production house's last film was Lagaan, directed by Ashutosh Gowarikar, which was eventually nominated in the foreign film category of the Oscar awards in 2001.
Shankar-Ehsaan Loy are currently basking in the success of Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna (KANK) and the recently released music of Farhan Akhtar's Don. During the music release media interaction of Don, the trio had said that they were ready for comparisons with the original Don music which starred Amitabh Bachchan nearly three decades ago. They also said that their version of the latest Don would be a tribute to the original, which was a cult movie.
Shankar Mahadevan shot to fame quite a few years ago for his vocal talents with his solo album Breathless. After joining hands with then Ad-jingle composers, Ehsaan Noorani and Loy Mendonca, the trio composed music for films like Dus, Dil Chahta Hai, Kal Ho Na Ho, Kabhie Alvida Na KehnaDon to name a few. With Shankar's calibre as a vocalist, one would expect him to be heard a lot more in his own films. But the trio believe that other male singers too should be given a chance. However, to little public knowledge, Shankar Mahadevan is one of the most popular singers in the South Film Industry. Shankar has just been awarded the Best Playback Singer - Male Award at the South Indian Filmfare Awards 2006 for a Telugu Film..