TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
By: Chanakya Dhanda, IndiaFM
Thursday, October 12, 2006
Umrao Jaan, the divine courtesan left many spellbound. Those who read the book as well as those who saw the movie, were bewildered by the courtesan. But there is something very strange about Umrao Jaan and the Bachchan family. There is a connection which binds them yet makes them reluctant to admit their liking for Umrao Jaan.
Harivansh Rai Bachchan, the poet, the writer, the man who made the world realize that pen is mightier than sword. Well the seeds of Umrao Jaan start here. It is a known fact that Harivansh Rai Bachchan was a good reader. Umrao Jaan the book was a wonderful peace of writing. So being a connoisseur for good books, we assume Harivansh Rai Bachchan must have read the Umrao Jaan and the seeds of falling in love with her started there. This may just have been the beginning.
Amitabh Bachchan, the superstar, the legend, the icon was at his peak during the 70's and 80's as a leading hero. He had a fan following of millions amongst whom maximum were girls. He was married to another superstar, Jaya Bachchan. But then there was Umrao Jaan. Rekha, the sweetheart of many, played the character of Umrao Jaan. Playing the character of Umrao Jaan, even the most eligible bachelors along with married men could not resist falling in love with her. One of the men was Amitabh Bachchan. Rumors were rife at that time that Amitabh Bachchan was in a relation with Rekha. And the grapevine said that Amitabh was so much into the relation that he left his house with Jaya and went in to stay with Rekha. He was supposedly in love with Rekha, the Umrao Jaan. Throughout his career, Amitabh never commented on Rekha and his love story for reasons best known to them.
Two decades later, things have changed. Another Umrao Jaan is in the making. This time it is Aishwarya who plays Umrao Jaan. But one thing that has not changed is a Bachchan falling in love with the new Umrao Jaan. This time it is Amitabh's son, Abhishek Bachchan's turn to continue the legacy of falling in love with Umrao Jaan. Like his father, he also refuses to comment on his relation with Aishwarya. Well, we are not saying anything. But as they say, History speaks.
Akki's beta grooves to papa's number
SRK makes King-sized gesture