TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Thursday, November 09, 2006
Even as he awaits the response to Vivah with bated breath, Shahid Kapoor, who has resolved to do limited films henceforth, has signed another prestigious venture. Producer Ramesh Sippy [Bluffmaster, Taxi No. 9211] and director Rohit Shetty [Zameen, Golmaal] have teamed Nana Patekar and Shahid Kapoor for their new venture, which is not titled yet.
Shetty was caught off-guard when we quizzed him about the project in question. "Yes, we have teamed the two actors for a light entertainer. It's not an out-an-out comedy on the lines of Golmaal. This one's more inclined towards families," the director confirms.
How did Sippy and Shetty decide on the actors? The teaming is truly offbeat. "That's the demand of the script. The two actors have to be poles apart. Nana plays a tough guy, but is a softie at the same time. Shahid has a role that fits his personality to the T," Shetty justifies his choice of actors.
One presumes Sippy must've recommended Nana's name, since the producer and actor share a terrific rapport post Bluffmaster and Taxi No. 9211. "That's true. But he [Sippy] merely suggested Nana's name, he didn't force me to cast him. Later, of course, Nana heard the script and we started interacting regularly," Shetty admits. And how did Shahid step in? "When we sat down to cast a young actor who could emote very well, Shahid was our first and last choice. He too jumped with joy when he heard the script," he adds.
While the film will have one leading lady [still undecided], Shetty has decided to shoot the film at one go in May next year in Australia or New Zealand. Subhash Krishnan [director of Insan] is writing the screenplay, while Tushar Hiranandani is doing the additional screenplay of the film.
Celina Jaitley grounded?
Anupam shocks Celina!